writing on the wall for AJ ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just dont see why we'd want to sell AJ, we'll more than likely be using the 451/433 system more next season as there is no getting away we're more effective using it and with Yak, AJ, Vaughan and Vic then we are comfortable in the forwards department.

Midfield is the only area we need to look at, the rest of the squad we can take a look at next time round.

I just dont see why we'd want to sell AJ, we'll more than likely be using the 451/433 system more next season as there is no getting away we're more effective using it and with Yak, AJ, Vaughan and Vic then we are comfortable in the forwards department.

Midfield is the only area we need to look at, the rest of the squad we can take a look at next time round.

Agreed midfield is key for me. If we get that sorted and leave the defense and attack as it is I'll be happy.

Another thing is this "we havent got the money" stuff. Yes the ground move will bare a lot on what he spends. But what about the fact the ground move might effect how MUCH he spends.

We'll still have cash, its just a matter of how much can he have for some big cash signings.

And personally, if you're gonna get rid of players - Sorry but what's wrong with getting rid of Anichebe (4mill) and Vaughan (3mill+)?

Bent scored 37 goals in two seasons playing as a loan striker in a 4-5-1 system for Charlton. He's supposedly excellent upfront on his own.

AJ got 31 goals in 2 seasons (21 in 1 season and 2nd highest in the league next to Henry) in the same system.

Last edited:
Another thing is this "we havent got the money" stuff. Yes the ground move will bare a lot on what he spends. But what about the fact the ground move might effect how MUCH he spends.

We'll still have cash, its just a matter of how much can he have for some big cash signings.

And personally, if you're gonna get rid of players - Sorry but what's wrong with getting rid of Anichebe (4mill) and Vaughan (3mill+)?

AJ got 31 goals in 2 seasons (21 in 1 season and 2nd highest in the league next to Henry) in the same system.

But there were about 15 penalties in there

Fair enough 13 is a decent return from open play and i know he always works his sock off for the cause but i just don't rate him as a top striker. Plus he just doesn't look like getting anywhere near that now. Some players just seem to be like a rabbit in the headlights when they move to a top club and i think AJ is 1 of those type players.

Look at Beattie, i think most blues would admit he was absolutely [Poor language removed] when he was in a blue shirt but since he has stepped back down a level to Sheff Utd he has looked decent again and i think if we do sell AJ he will do the same, but he just doesn't look comfortable in a blue shirt

As far as i know the club, hasnt denied or confirmed anything to do with Darren Bent or AJ leaving. Apparently they are very busy, renting diggers for Kirkby so they have left it up to "sources close to the club", bit of a storm in a tea cup, there is actually nothing on the O.S.

AJ is not going anywhere he signed a new five year contract in Nov and both he and the club have come out every second week since then saying hes all set to buy a new house in the Kirkby suburbs!

Last edited:
darren bent

Bent scored 37 goals in two seasons playing as a loan striker in a 4-5-1 system for Charlton. He's supposedly excellent upfront on his own.
when bent was at charlton he was breath taking he was awesome good
replacement for aj

Status
Not open for further replies.