• Naw

Votes: 483 66.6%
  • Cheese on wor toast

Votes: 39 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
every ounce of humble pie needs to be swallowed here and the club needs to try everything they can to get Benitez. He is the right man to build a sustainable success over 5 + years, challenging the board and still seems capable of spotting real talent

every ounce of humble pie needs to be swallowed here and the club needs to try everything they can to get Benitez. He is the right man to build a sustainable success over 5 + years, challenging the board and still seems capable of spotting real talent

giphy.gif

I’d say that his hands were tied by United. Left an ageing squad drastically in need of overhaul and the board rowed back on their promises to him. He wanted Bale Herrera Kroos Baines. They gave him Fellaini. A player who ended up being a vita player under LVG and Mourinho too. That club is probably the only club slightly less poisonous than Everton in the league. Even the worlds best manager got chewed out of there. He was on a hiding to nothing.

Sociedad was a mess up fair enough.

Sunderland he had a league 2 standard squad. He could only afford to add players from us not deemed good enough to get into Martinez’s awful squad. He failed to keep them up, that was hardly a failure though.

West Ham I thought he did well. Unearthed Rice and got out of Arnautovic the best form of his career. He’d built a decent base there to build from but West Ham wanted a flashy manager.

I’d have him every day of the week over Silva Howe or any of these other nonsense managers. Moyes has done more in the prem than all of them combined. Half of them are spending 100s of millions just to keep teams up. Moyes used to sell his best players and took us into the top 5 multiple times. People took it for granted though and that’s the problem. I’d have hoped we’d have learned after the utter carnage that has followed that what Moyes did for us was not normal or average or punching just above our weight or knife to a gunfight. Given the conditions it was an absolute miracle that has still not been replicated over a consistent period by anyone.
At Utd it might've been an ageing squad but it was an absolute winning machine and he still somehow managed to turn them into an utter mess. No way should they have been as bad as they where

Soceidad lol

Sunderland he somehow managed to do an even worse job than Gravy slug who had managed to stabilise them and had them in the top 10 for form during his tenure. Moyes bought some utter gash while there aswell l.

West Ham, he had a sub 30% win rate and even their mutant fans couldn't wait to see the back of him.

The problem is people will be expecting the moues of 10 years ago but he's no longer that manager, times moved on and he's not moved with it

moyes wouldn't be top of my list either. However, some amendments are needed to the below...

Manchester United – Worst finish in a season since 1987
This was a hospital pass job. Everyone knew it. There’s a reason top managers like Jose said they’d have never directly followed AF. Also it was an aging squad and it hasn’t been back to the top since. To be fair though, he did underperform.

Real Sociedad – Sacked in November
After a year. Not August to November. Did beat Barce while there I think.

Sunderland – Relegated with an 18.60% win ratio
Anyone was going down with that team. They went down again the next season. Ownership had stopped funding them. He should never have taken that job.

West Ham – Contract not renewed after just keeping West Ham up with a 29% win ratio.
They were in a state when he took over. Staying up was always the goal, which he achieved. To be fair again, probably also an underperformance.

He could organise a defence in 2004, great. It doesn't mean he can do it now.
To be fair he could also organize a defense in 2013. 9 seasons after 2004.

If people genuinely want this man in charge of our club (regardless of his history with us) then they are accepting mediocrity.
[/QUOTE]
I don’t think it would be a positive move to appoint Moyes in 2019. But it is isn’t as simple as saying he used to be ok and now he’s rubbish. At times he was great for us and did a great job. At times he was also disappointing and the side lacked belief when it really mattered.

Who knows what those 04-05, 07-08 or 08-09 Everton teams could’ve done if he’d have had the money to spend that Koeman and Silva have had. We’ll never know.

It's disgusting that he's our last manager to win a derby. Has to be a record going through 4 managers and not one of them winning a derby.

Christ what is the Moshiri era?

moyes wouldn't be top of my list either. However, some amendments are needed to the below...

This was a hospital pass job. Everyone knew it. There’s a reason top managers like Jose said they’d have never directly followed AF. Also it was an aging squad and it hasn’t been back to the top since. To be fair though, he did underperform.

Anyone was going down with that team. They went down again the next season. Ownership had stopped funding them. He should never have taken that job.

West Ham – Contract not renewed after just keeping West Ham up with a 29% win ratio.
They were in a state when he took over. Staying up was always the goal, which he achieved. To be fair again, probably also an underperformance.

If people genuinely want this man in charge of our club (regardless of his history with us) then they are accepting mediocrity.
I don’t think it would be a positive move to appoint Moyes in 2019. But it is isn’t as simple as saying he used to be ok and now he’s rubbish. At times he was great for us and did a great job. At times he was also disappointing and the side lacked belief when it really mattered.

Who knows what those 04-05, 07-08 or 08-09 Everton teams could’ve done if he’d have had the money to spend that Koeman and Silva have had. We’ll never know.

Sunderland stayed up the season before so its not like they were nailed on to go down. Better teams than Sunderland have been relegated. He may have stood a chance if he didn't basically say they had no chance as soon as he got to the club. He knew what he was doing, downplay the club and then look like he was working miracles when he kept them up. Of course he failed to do so.

Why is that chancer not sacked, he is a busted flush, not having the wool pulled over my eyes by some decent results that meant nothing. This is Silvas second horrendous run in just over a season, he has to go, he is not the answer. Moyes isn't either like.

[/QUOTE]

This has just added "Has poor judgement" to the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.