• Cheese on wor toast

Votes: 39 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about...

giphy.gif
Trump would be a great choice. He would call all our losses fake news and insist we won each game 3-0 .Make Everton Great Again

Think he did good job in the past, but want to convince myself that this Everton is on the next level (altough results tell another story) and need proper manager for that level. Can't see that Moyes can lift us upthere.

Looking back at his track record since leaving us it's truly awful reading.

Manchester United – Worst finish in a season since 1987
Real Sociedad – Sacked in November
Sunderland – Relegated with an 18.60% win ratio
West Ham – Contract not renewed after just keeping West Ham up with a 29% win ratio.

He could organise a defence in 2004, great. It doesn't mean he can do it now.

If people genuinely want this man in charge of our club (regardless of his history with us) then they are accepting mediocrity.

West Ham – Contract not renewed after just keeping West Ham up with a 29% win ratio.

If people genuinely want this man in charge of our club (regardless of his history with us) then they are accepting mediocrity.

I don't think its a fact that we are accepting Mediocity.

I don't get all this we need a manager who can play attacking attractive football. Besides 1 season from Martinez it has got us nowhere.

Silva has now managed double the games fat sam did for a 2% better win % but a worse loss %. We go behind under Silva and we lose.

I want a manager who can get the team organised and hard to beat. One who can adapt his formation based on the opposition.

Silva has used 4 2 3 1 in 47 of his 52 games.

On current form we are a relegated team. He wont have much longer to turn this around.

I wouldn't have him back, but this is actually the opposite of what he did. Have a look at the decade before Moyes, that's loser mentality. He stopped that and got us winning games.
And we won how many cups and how many times Vs RS,Arsenal,Chelsea,Man U away since he was manager? 1 I think. Bottled every big game

I’d say that his hands were tied by United. Left an ageing squad drastically in need of overhaul and the board rowed back on their promises to him. He wanted Bale Herrera Kroos Baines. They gave him Fellaini. A player who ended up being a vita player under LVG and Mourinho too. That club is probably the only club slightly less poisonous than Everton in the league. Even the worlds best manager got chewed out of there. He was on a hiding to nothing.

Sociedad was a mess up fair enough.

Sunderland he had a league 2 standard squad. He could only afford to add players from us not deemed good enough to get into Martinez’s awful squad. He failed to keep them up, that was hardly a failure though.

West Ham I thought he did well. Unearthed Rice and got out of Arnautovic the best form of his career. He’d built a decent base there to build from but West Ham wanted a flashy manager.

I’d have him every day of the week over Silva Howe or any of these other nonsense managers. Moyes has done more in the prem than all of them combined. Half of them are spending 100s of millions just to keep teams up. Moyes used to sell his best players and took us into the top 5 multiple times. People took it for granted though and that’s the problem. I’d have hoped we’d have learned after the utter carnage that has followed that what Moyes did for us was not normal or average or punching just above our weight or knife to a gunfight. Given the conditions it was an absolute miracle that has still not been replicated over a consistent period by anyone.

Bring Phil Neville in with Moyes as a senior advisor. Get us chivved up again for the upcoming relegation gun fight

Moyes could only ever play the hand he was dealt. Had he the budget these latest pretenders had then who knows. Certainly the best we've had since the 90's. Welcome him back? I don't know.
To a degree I accept your argument about his finances here but think if he had had more would he have bought Cahill Arteta and Pienaar ? Look what he bought at UTD given loads .It could be argued that Silva is only playing the hand he was dealt ,yes the club has spent a lot but comparatively 20 mill is the same as the fee for Pienaar I would think and he bought him twice ,second time for more ! My greivance with Moyes is the fact he went behind the boards back ,left us hanging in the balance with not a care in the world ,that and the fact he has proved to be very limited means he should never be back at EFC .I was distraught from the minute we took Allardyce ,was at the nadir when he brought in Sammy Lee and this would send me where no man should ever have to go .

As he's currently unemployed, we could have sacked Silva on Saturday night and brought Moist in straight away. The fact we haven't enthused me, but then again, this is Everton.

He did well at Everton. But blew it with me when he was meeting with United in January at least,. refusing to sign a new contract with us but stayed till the end of the season so stopped United paying us compensation which cos Ferguson wanted him they would have gladly paid.
Is that true or hearsay though? Genuine question, I don't know anything about it

Without doubt the only notable ‘success ‘ Moyes has achieved in the game is a good living, you have to tip your hat to that like.

We need rid of Silva for sure, but the man who wasn't deemed good enough for Man United, Sociedad, Sunderland and West Ham United is certainly not the man we need now.

Status
Not open for further replies.