• Naw

Votes: 483 66.6%
  • Cheese on wor toast

Votes: 39 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And we won how many cups and how many times Vs RS,Arsenal,Chelsea,Man U away since he was manager? 1 I think. Bottled every big game
As opposed to how we have been raking in the silverware over the last 30 years without him? Not sure he really slowed down our epic silverware run that we were on, you know that one FA cup win since the 80's.
Also, why are we only selecting those 4 teams specific teams as ones that count (no spurs, city etc), and only away, (home games not counting also for some reason), that's a very selective pick of games to find fault with him isn't it?

Personally, I prefer to lose to them than to lose to almost everyone tbh.

Sadly it's very unlikely he would get us anywhere near that level again, so it's a no for me, but I would like to get to level again because it's massively better than we were before him, and massively better than we have been since him (bar one season under Martinez).

Bloody hell mate if that was the case Silva should have been sacked after about 5 games last season lol

He deffo doesn't play offensive and expansive football and hasn't brought through anyone from the youth

Don't think Silva can be blamed for not bringing any youth through, we haven't produced anyone good enough in far too long now....
DCL is one, who Silva continues to persist with... And no one seems to be happy with him for that...
Disappointed Lookman was never given a proper run in the team, but probably his unhappiness at Everton effected that..

I really don't understand why anybody would want moyes back. I think he did an excellent job for us but it's over, done, finished.
Its because we are crap, and we have suffered big Sam, so Moyes seems like a good option at this point, a fairly damning indictment of were are as a club and where we have been for the last 30 years, that the Moyes era can now be viewed as the glory days! :rant:

What's the point? Would just mean when he left we would have to wait yet another season to allow yet another manager to get settled and 'transition'. If we where in December and in the bottom 3 maybe it would be a different story.
Well, if Brands has someone in mind it may give home breathing space to get his man in and negotiate the contract etc.

As opposed to how we have been raking in the silverware over the last 30 years without him? Not sure he really slowed down our epic silverware run that we were on, you know that one FA cup win since the 80's.
Also, why are we only selecting those 4 teams specific teams as ones that count (no spurs, city etc), and only away, (home games not counting also for some reason), that's a very selective pick of games to find fault with him isn't it?

Personally, I prefer to lose to them than to lose to almost everyone tbh.

Sadly it's very unlikely he would get us anywhere near that level again, so it's a no for me, but I would like to get to level again because it's massively better than we were before him, and massively better than we have been since him (bar one season under Martinez).
True that. The “big game” tag is subjective. Surely winning the games you should be winning are just as, if not more important than beating teams at the top of the league. We get the same number of points for beating Watford as we do for beating Man City.

In fact if you maximize performance in this way a high finish takes care of itself. Very few teams, even the Man Utds, etc tend to win against the best sides away from home. There is a reason Arsenal have not won at Man Utd for years and years, as a draw is actually a good result in this scenario.

You have very little opportunity to win these games anyway, as there are only four or so per year.

People point out the few games Moyes messed up by being overly negative without giving credit for the amount of times he won the games he should have, and for the times he managed to galvanize the team out of bad runs. We had a number of occasions under his tenure where we made bad starts and then ended the season like a train.

moyes wouldn't be top of my list either. However, some amendments are needed to the below...

Manchester United – Worst finish in a season since 1987
This was a hospital pass job. Everyone knew it. There’s a reason top managers like Jose said they’d have never directly followed AF. Also it was an aging squad and it hasn’t been back to the top since. To be fair though, he did underperform.

Real Sociedad – Sacked in November
After a year. Not August to November. Did beat Barce while there I think.

Sunderland – Relegated with an 18.60% win ratio
Anyone was going down with that team. They went down again the next season. Ownership had stopped funding them. He should never have taken that job.

West Ham – Contract not renewed after just keeping West Ham up with a 29% win ratio.
They were in a state when he took over. Staying up was always the goal, which he achieved. To be fair again, probably also an underperformance.

He could organise a defence in 2004, great. It doesn't mean he can do it now.
To be fair he could also organize a defense in 2013. 9 seasons after 2004.

I don’t think it would be a positive move to appoint Moyes in 2019. But it is isn’t as simple as saying he used to be ok and now he’s rubbish. At times he was great for us and did a great job. At times he was also disappointing and the side lacked belief when it really mattered.

Who knows what those 04-05, 07-08 or 08-09 Everton teams could’ve done if he’d have had the money to spend that Koeman and Silva have had. We’ll never know.

I would also add he got united to the quarter final of the champions league (beaten by a Bayern Munich side with Kroos, Ribery, Robben, Muller, Gotze and Mandukic in its line up). His team where unbeaten in the groups stages. semi final of the league cup. So yes his league stats where poor but not a total failure in his short time at the mancs.

Also worth noting - a reason we tend to lose against the Big 4-6 is these teams are better than us. Usually the better football team will beat the worse one, barring unusual circumstances

I would also add he got united to the quarter final of the champions league (beaten by a Bayern Munich side with Kroos, Ribery, Robben, Muller, Gotze and Mandukic in its line up). His team where unbeaten in the groups stages. semi final of the league cup. So yes his league stats where poor but not a total failure in his short time at the mancs.
Yeah - he actually has a better win rate than Louis Van Gaal. He also did far better in the Champions League than LVG and Jose, but this again gets played down.

the interesting thing about that is the European competitions are lauded as the pinnacle and are supposedly where our domestic coaches are outmaneuvered by their more tactically astute continental counterparts. Moyes was actually pretty good in Europe for Man Utd, and did better than Martinez in Europe too, despite him being lauded as being more tactically sophisticated.

Yeah - he actually has a better win rate than Louis Van Gaal. He also did far better in the Champions League than LVG and Jose, but this again gets played down.

History/hindsight will judge his time at United much more favourably than it was at the time. Like the full scale of the club being in disarray is only now coming to light. So sure, he made mistakes, and the job was too big for him. But their current plight does not have his fingerprints on it.

Would I want him back here? No.

Don't think Silva can be blamed for not bringing any youth through, we haven't produced anyone good enough in far too long now....
DCL is one, who Silva continues to persist with... And no one seems to be happy with him for that...
Disappointed Lookman was never given a proper run in the team, but probably his unhappiness at Everton effected that..

Probably true mate, though listening to him about Gordon last week "he's a real talent but he plays in the same position where we have a lot of quality"... Yeah Marco, players like Gylfi or Walcott, Richarlison etc who've barely had a decent game between them lol

I'd rather have an u23 player in that Morgan Schneiderlin thats for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.