• Naw

Votes: 483 66.6%
  • Cheese on wor toast

Votes: 39 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody knows anything but I just look at what facts are in front of me.

His record says that he is a decent manager who will win you nothing, he also has a track record of being rubbish when spending decent money. (Obviously countered by being good on a budget to be fair) so its a fair assumption to say that if he stayed we would have stayed in roughly the same place.

Top four place and cup final mean absolutely nothing if you don't do anything with them. We did not qualify for the champions league and then got humiliated in the drop down Europa league. That was out biggest chance to do something and push on in years, we did nothing.

If this was the Moyes of 2004 then yeah absolutely. But its not, it is a broken manager who is finished. You wont get passion and desire with him in 2019.

Silva is irrelevant as there are more managers out there than David Moyes. Him being crap does not make Moyes better.

I am very pro Moyes but I do take on board what you are saying there. And you may be right with the bit where you said that we wont get the same Moyes that we got in 2001 or whenever it was.

With that in mind I think our best bet may be Dyche. He is a younger model of Moyes, yet to be given a chance at a bigger club and this isn't anything to do with Burnley just beating us, more moreso to do with what he did with Burnley on multiple occasions. The original promotion of Burnley, the then regalvanisation after relegation to get them up again. Then to get them to Europe.

Then perhaps most impressively the way he turned their season around last season after struggling and looking destined for relegation after the squad size clearly struggled playing Thursday Sunday. This is the guy to take us into the new stadium. He is a true motivator and exactly what we need and not a risk which we cant afford.

I am very pro Moyes but I do take on board what you are saying there. And you may be right with the bit where you said that we wont get the same Moyes that we got in 2001 or whenever it was.

With that in mind I think our best bet may be Dyche. He is a younger model of Moyes, yet to be given a chance at a bigger club and this isn't anything to do with Burnley just beating us, more moreso to do with what he did with Burnley on multiple occasions. The original promotion of Burnley, the then regalvanisation after relegation to get them up again. Then to get them to Europe.

Then perhaps most impressively the way he turned their season around last season after struggling and looking destined for relegation after the squad size clearly struggled playing Thursday Sunday. This is the guy to take us into the new stadium. He is a true motivator and exactly what we need and not a risk which we cant afford.
If you really think Brands would go for Dyche, then you really don’t know what the plan is at Everton. While things aren’t working out at the moment Brands is building a squad of young, attacking pacy players. To attack and press the opposition.

He’s not looking at buying 2 6ft plus centre forwards and looking to play route one football. I think I would totally give up if we went for Dyche.

If you really think Brands would go for Dyche, then you really don’t know what the plan is at Everton. While things aren’t working out at the moment Brands is building a squad of young, attacking pacy players. To attack and press the opposition.

He’s not looking at buying 2 6ft plus centre forwards and looking to play route one football. I think I would totally give up if we went for Dyche.
We don,t want young, attacking pacy players. ( we have one or two already ) We need two good strikers who can put the ball in the net

How I feel right now

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-10-06 at 18.32.50.png
    Screenshot 2019-10-06 at 18.32.50.png
    341.7 KB · Views: 74
Who said he worked miracles? He did well though against the odds.
He had 11 years because he earnt them, why would we get rid of someone who was doing well?
4th place and a cup final trumps anything we have done since 1995, it's not a win, but it's a lot closer than anything else we have had for nearly 25 years.
And yes, I would expect someone who has improved the team year on year to be given as many years as we could until he had started having bad seasons, but he didn't... And that's why he got 11 years, not the other way around. If we gave Silva 11 years would we be a better team? Quite possibly not. We kept Moyes because of how he was doing.
Agree with most of the last line, though I am not sure anyone is begging for him to come back.

He was definitely a good manager for us and turned us around significantly from where we were.

He did.

It was also years ago.

Loads say he worked miracles, I know its only a turn of phrase but loads say it.

Again, he did alright for us. Fair play to him. That's about it though, some people act like he is some legendary figure for us.

He did.

It was also years ago.

Loads say he worked miracles, I know its only a turn of phrase but loads say it.

Again, he did alright for us. Fair play to him. That's about it though, some people act like he is some legendary figure for us.
Not seen the miracles comments, and of course he didn't perform miracles. He won nothing for a start. He did better than alright though to be fair:

Compare the top half/bottom half the decade before him, during and after him... He turned us around completely. Look at how many times we were to half before him. I know it's not NSNO but for me it's way better than just alright and a clear show of how he earnt himself 11 years:

Not seen the miracles comments, and of course he didn't perform miracles. He won nothing for a start. He did better than alright though to be fair:

Compare the top half/bottom half the decade before him, during and after him... He turned us around completely. Look at how many times we were to half before him. I know it's not NSNO but for me it's way better than just alright and a clear show of how he earnt himself 11 years:

Not saying he didn't deserve 11 years, there were some times were another club would have made a change too though.

What you have shown is what I deem to be decent. It is consistent. The other managers listed do not really effect my opinion on Moyes.

Well?

I would I’ll be honest.

Never. The send off he got as he went to a rival club was a horrible kick in the teeth. Partly I blame Kenwright but the second he said he was off to United he should have been asked to clear his desk and leave. There's never been a time in England where a manager has played out a farewell act before going to a team in the same league.

Then the way he went after Baines for pennies. No chance before even getting to the hub that he's been a disaster ever since.

Not saying he didn't deserve 11 years, there were some times were another club would have made a change too though.

What you have shown is what I deem to be decent. It is consistent. The other managers listed do not really effect my opinion on Moyes.
Yeah fair enough mate, I think the u-turn from 10 years of near exclusively bottom half finishes when even the newly promoted teams were spending more than us was good, you say fair, it's largely the same analysis with perhaps a little bias on both sides.
Only included the previous and subsequent years to highlight how bad the squad was that he inherited before he turned us into something decent, and how quickly it was dismantled.

Never go back. Football has moved on far too much. You could argue that the Sunderland he took down where in better shape than the Everton of 02 he took over. They gave him a crack at stabilising them. What did he do? He signed Everton and Manchester United rejects and created a horror show over there. His scouting was so limited that he couldn't see further than players he had worked with.

Status
Not open for further replies.