• Naw

Votes: 483 66.6%
  • Cheese on wor toast

Votes: 39 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Truth is Papa none of us know what would have happened if Moyes had stayed...

However I always thought we were going in the right direction under Moyes, we did have a cup final & a top four place under him too...

Under Silva we look so poor in defence & short in attack it is truly frustrating & I can't see it changing under his leadership, now Moyes would bring back the passion & desire we so desperately need...

Nobody knows anything but I just look at what facts are in front of me.

His record says that he is a decent manager who will win you nothing, he also has a track record of being rubbish when spending decent money. (Obviously countered by being good on a budget to be fair) so its a fair assumption to say that if he stayed we would have stayed in roughly the same place.

Top four place and cup final mean absolutely nothing if you don't do anything with them. We did not qualify for the champions league and then got humiliated in the drop down Europa league. That was out biggest chance to do something and push on in years, we did nothing.

If this was the Moyes of 2004 then yeah absolutely. But its not, it is a broken manager who is finished. You wont get passion and desire with him in 2019.

Silva is irrelevant as there are more managers out there than David Moyes. Him being crap does not make Moyes better.

Disagree, 4th place, cup final, several European adventures whilst staying top half, elevated us from dross to a good team on very low amounts of spend compared to those, around us. Stopped us fighting relegation and got us fighting for CL/Europe, and got a lot out of some very limited players.
What are people saying that overrates what he did?

He worked "miracles" when he didn't. He did a good job for us, that's it. He had 11 years of total autonomy over a premier league club. Managers simply don't get that.

As I said 4th place and cup final mean nothing, look at the state of us thinking that means something. He did improve our team of course he did, you would expect that from a manager who was there for 11 years. The low amounts to spend were balanced by being able to offer good contracts to our players to keep them at the club.

He did a good job. That's it. Certainly didn't do one to warrant people begging for him to come back like some prodigal son ten years beyond his prime.

He was fine!

His record says that he is a decent manager who will win you nothing, he also has a track record of being rubbish when spending decent money. (Obviously countered by being good on a budget to be fair) so its a fair assumption to say that if he stayed we would have stayed in roughly the same place.

Top four place and cup final mean absolutely nothing if you don't do anything with them. We did not qualify for the champions league and then got humiliated in the drop down Europa league. That was out biggest chance to do something and push on in years, we did nothing.

If this was the Moyes of 2004 then yeah absolutely. But its not, it is a broken manager who is finished. You wont get passion and desire with him in 2019.

Silva is irrelevant as there are more managers out there than David Moyes. Him being crap does not make Moyes better.
Not advocating Moyes,but at least there would be far less of the gutless performances we are being served up under Silva. Lots of managers out there,but who realistically would come?

If it means staying up then yes,make no mistake we are proper crap and that's with a decent team too,just sums up how terrible silva actually is.

He worked "miracles" when he didn't. He did a good job for us, that's it. He had 11 years of total autonomy over a premier league club. Managers simply don't get that.

As I said 4th place and cup final mean nothing, look at the state of us thinking that means something. He did improve our team of course he did, you would expect that from a manager who was there for 11 years. The low amounts to spend were balanced by being able to offer good contracts to our players to keep them at the club.

He did a good job. That's it. Certainly didn't do one to warrant people begging for him to come back like some prodigal son ten years beyond his prime.

He was fine!
Who said he worked miracles? He did well though against the odds.
He had 11 years because he earnt them, why would we get rid of someone who was doing well?
4th place and a cup final trumps anything we have done since 1995, it's not a win, but it's a lot closer than anything else we have had for nearly 25 years.
And yes, I would expect someone who has improved the team year on year to be given as many years as we could until he had started having bad seasons, but he didn't... And that's why he got 11 years, not the other way around. If we gave Silva 11 years would we be a better team? Quite possibly not. We kept Moyes because of how he was doing.
Agree with most of the last line, though I am not sure anyone is begging for him to come back.

He was definitely a good manager for us and turned us around significantly from where we were.

Depends what facts you base your opinion on, even then facts can be misleading...

Moyes has been watching & he is waiting in the wings, Silva does not have much more wriggle room left...

Bring back Moyes, let's get some control back & get back into the top 6....

IMWT....

He was fine!
I agree with this. He did a good job, but some of the praise is overboard.

His record against top footballing sides was shocking (zero wins in 64 away games or whatever it was)...being outclassed when up against teams with flair (Arsenal in particular had a field day against a Moyes team), those were flaws, but the dour football (bar the odd exception) is his biggest flaw for me. Tickets are not cheap. You don’t just go to a game based on the hope of getting a good result (unless it’s a cup final or a league decider when winning is all that matters), you go to be entertained as well. Moyes’ teams (on the whole) do not entertain. In sharp contrast, Kendall’s teams entertained and won.

Inspite of having worked with him, Moyes took Fellaini, a yard dog of a player, to United with him, I can’t think of anything more damning to say about him. Fellaini is the poster boy of anti football, and Moyes would have him in his sides.

I agree with this. He did a good job, but some of the praise is overboard.

His record against top footballing sides was shocking (zero wins in 64 away games or whatever it was)...being outclassed when up against teams with flair (Arsenal in particular had a field day against a Moyes team), those were flaws, but the dour football (bar the odd exception) is his biggest flaw for me. Tickets are not cheap. You don’t just go to a game based on the hope of getting a good result (unless it’s a cup final or a league decider when winning is all that matters), you go to be entertained as well. Moyes’ teams (on the whole) do not entertain. In sharp contrast, Kendall’s teams entertained and won.

Inspite of having worked with him, Moyes took Fellaini, a yard dog of a player, to United with him, I can’t think of anything more damning to say about him. Fellaini is the poster boy of anti football, and Moyes would have him in his sides.
On the other hand Fellaini was arguably their best player when they won the FA and Europa cups. He destroyed Ajax, who last year were the sensations of the Champions League.

Status
Not open for further replies.