Votes: 483 66.6%
  • Cheese on wor toast

Votes: 39 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would they have been different?

He has won nothing in his career, absolutely nothing.

Moyes was a decent but limited manager. If he stayed we would have been in pretty much the same position as he was when he was here because that is his level. He is not brave enough to push on from there.

Truth is Papa none of us know what would have happened if Moyes had stayed...

However I always thought we were going in the right direction under Moyes, we did have a cup final & a top four place under him too...

Under Silva we look so poor in defence & short in attack it is truly frustrating & I can't see it changing under his leadership, now Moyes would bring back the passion & desire we so desperately need...

Big fan of what Moyes did with us, but I would not want him to return, he's not the manager he once was.
But through all the nonsense about glass ceilings and knives and gunfights, he did a cracking job for us that - with all the money and managers we have gone through - we cannot reach let alone surpass.
Massively underrated on here by many but as mentioned, he's the past.

No more of this xxxx or bust
Bring back Moyes is a must
Passion,desire,emotion & ambition
Energy,enthusiasm,intensity & creation
It's a matter of time before its just
Welcome back David, in Moyes we trust....

Not saying I agree or disagree with bringing him back. I do think he'd get better results than silva currently is but is he the future of the club? I think he gaurentees mid table finishes but dunno about beyond that. Also how would he work with Brands? Moyes likes being in charge of recruitment. But regardless of all that I honestly don't think Moshiri or Brands will be even considering him as an option. Bill may be championing him but that'd be it.

The PL was different when Moyes managed Everton. For the most part there was a top 4 not a top 6. We had no money but I don’t remember any teams below us really splashing the cash either. We usually made up for it by selling one of our better players every now and again and reinvesting. We finished best of the rest under Moyes because we were.
Moyes did well at working with a small budget and making sure the team was well drilled and organised on the pitch. Something we have been lacking since he left. But there’s no way I would have him back. It’s no coincidence we could never get an away win at the big 4 under him, ‘like taking a knife to a gunfight’. That’s the kind of mentality that is still lingering around the club like a bad smell.
We need to do better not go backwards.
There was a top six - us holding off cash rich Villa, Tottenham, Portsmouth, Newcastle, Leeds, etc. Just because it is now branded, doesn’t mean it wasn’t there before!

Funny thing is, Newcastle and Leeds are cautionary tales we should beware of in regards to allowing owners to use a club as a device for their own egos

giphy.gif

Not bothered. He had us finish 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th for like 8 times in 11 years.

Silva is not any better than Moyes or Fat Sam given his records in England. Could be even worse.
Could be worse? Sam has saved numerous teams from relegation, got Bolton into Europe, etc. Moyes built a few really good teams here, won manager of the year three times and usually got us into Europe.

Did you see that Sunderland squad, and the documents about the straits that club was in?

Sounds like excuses to me.

He did absolve himself on any blame of course by saying they were doomed the minute he walked through the door (none of it would be down to him of course).

Worse teams than that Sunderland side have stayed up.

Big fan of what Moyes did with us, but I would not want him to return, he's not the manager he once was.
But through all the nonsense about glass ceilings and knives and gunfights, he did a cracking job for us that - with all the money and managers we have gone through - we cannot reach let alone surpass.
Massively underrated on here by many but as mentioned, he's the past.

Massively overrated by some too. I think that's fair to say?

Massively overrated by some too. I think that's fair to say?
Disagree, 4th place, cup final, several European adventures whilst staying top half, elevated us from dross to a good team on very low amounts of spend compared to those, around us. Stopped us fighting relegation and got us fighting for CL/Europe, and got a lot out of some very limited players.
What are people saying that overrates what he did?

Status
Not open for further replies.