• Naw

Votes: 483 66.6%
  • Cheese on wor toast

Votes: 39 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be happy with anyone who can get us back on track and playing with confidence again. I'm just not sure if David Moyes is the right man for the job. He didn't really have that much success after he left us.

Big No to Moyes. He is the one that took the Big out of Everton and made us small. Once the fan base accepted that then we thought we were plucky little Everton. The mindset was installed. We lost an identity and it made Moyes work be classed as successful because of the altered mindset. The love affair between BK & Moyes during our most unsuccessful period in our history was sickening. The whole world were convinced by them. They made us the small club we are now because we accepted that because he did better than Smith & Kendall mk III he was a saviour. No fear of the sack and 11 seasons at the club will eventually bring stability but the man still didn't have enough faith in his team to have a go. Knife to a gunfight although a bit of truth in it is too negative and defeatist talk to be aired in public.

Big No to Moyes. He is the one that took the Big out of Everton and made us small. Once the fan base accepted that then we thought we were plucky little Everton. The mindset was installed. We lost an identity and it made Moyes work be classed as successful because of the altered mindset. The love affair between BK & Moyes during our most unsuccessful period in our history was sickening. The whole world were convinced by them. They made us the small club we are now because we accepted that because he did better than Smith & Kendall mk III he was a saviour. No fear of the sack and 11 seasons at the club will eventually bring stability but the man still didn't have enough faith in his team to have a go. Knife to a gunfight although a bit of truth in it is too negative and defeatist talk to be aired in public.
Ha we were small. Involved in constant relegation battles for a decade, getting stuffed by terrible sides and playing disgraceful football. Moyes changed that. Since 1987 we have been small. With the exception of one season with Joe Royle and one with Martinez, Moyes provided us with the only performances we could be proud of.
Do I want him back? no. would I be happy with someone with the same skill set? Yes

Ha we were small. Involved in constant relegation battles for a decade, getting stuffed by terrible sides and playing disgraceful football. Moyes changed that. Since 1987 we have been small. With the exception of one season with Joe Royle and one with Martinez, Moyes provided us with the only performances we could be proud of.
Do I want him back? no. would I be happy with someone with the same skill set? Yes

See what i mean about the mindset lol. Seriously I have always believed we were a big club but going in the wrong direction the Moyes and Kenwright collude to make out they are doing a grand job by demeaning the size and holding of the club just to make themselves look like saviours. Only my opinion and that is when we became plucky little Everton. Moyes did a great job of getting close to Kenwright and avoided the sack on a number of occasion early in his tenure.

Really really do not want Moyes back. In fact I’ve even threatened to stop following the club if they appoint him (that’s what’s so bloody frustrating about all of this, I feel like that, it’s the only weapon I have, but I’m not really gonna use it am I) but I’m getting so desperate to see Silva fired that (I can’t believe I’m saying this) I’m starting to contemplate the idea. I recall that he (Moyes) did a job at West Ham and that he had Stuart Pearce as assistant or something . I quite like the thought of Stuart Pearce getting stuck into our squad. Must be only until the end of the season but I’d have some confidence that as a pair they will keep us up which is something that it is looking increasingly likely that Silva won’t do.

This would be like getting back with a girl who left you for a better man who then dumped her after only 8 months. In the meantime you’ve both tried different things and been with different people but in the end you return to what’s comfortable and secure, with the two of you settling for each other and longing for the good old days that never return.

Someone get me a drink.

Till the end of the season. He couldn't do any worse than the joker we have.

I think Moyes can keep the club up, which is the top priority. Knows the club, knows the league, decent job with West Ham et. So as a caretaker we could do far worse.

The problem is twofold.

One, the disrespect he showed when Man Utd boss, which I guess can be overcome.

Two, more critical, if he's in any way successful, the pressure is on to make it a permanent appointment. See OGS or Dalglish as latest examples of this.

Why is this a problem? I think he doesn't fit with the long term ambitions. I think he comes with a lower potential ceiling in terms of where he could take the club. I don't think he fits with Brands either.

Spurs sacked poch at the end of a 2 week break, why not earlier, because they obviously didn’t get the yes from Jose until then.

The wait was because Levy was either

a) Waiting for a United, Bayern, Madrid or PSG to come in for Poch and pay them compensation for him.
b) Waiting for Poch to resign so he didn’t have to pay him the £13m or so he was contractually entitled to
c) Wanting Poch to leave “on mutual terms” for a smaller negotiated figure than the aforementioned £13m.

Levy is a genius though so the fact he had a clear purpose for the delay doesn’t neccesarily mean our lot will.

Status
Not open for further replies.