Votes: 483 66.6%
  • Cheese on wor toast

Votes: 39 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t get the point?

Every one of those excluding Silva has done a lot more and been a lot more successful throughout their careers than Davey ‘FA Cup’ final’ Moyes. Given the choice of Moyes or any of those names above (Silva excluded - Not sure why he’s even in the same sentence as those others given he has done nothing of note in his whole career) I would go with the latter every time.
The only guy with a better record in the Premier League out of that list is Pelligrini, and that’s because he was managing the richest club in the league. He has been hopeless at West Ham. De Boer lasted a few weeks at Palace, Emery has underwhelmed at Arsenal.

Just because a guy is good in one league does not automatically mean they will be good elsewhere.

Doesnt have to be him, there are managers capable of doing that. Now if we can get one who can do that AND take is to the next level then thats what we need to be looking for.
Like who? Only guy I could think of is Hodgson or Howe, but I doubt they are available.

You could gamble on Dyche, but you would have to buy him out and there is no guarantee he would succeed.

Wilder is fantastic, but doubt he would stab Sheffield in the back.

His time here wasn't "great".....steadied the ship but outstayed his welcome by 5 years.....no thanks

Steadied the ship at a time of what looked like a bleak future for the club. Worked wonders on a shoe string budget. Signed a lot of hard working cast offs. Created a great team spirit. On most occasions he had his team organised and focused. He reached ceiling point with us when we got to the FA Cup final. It was pretty much all down hill from there.

We are talking over 13 years ago now. The club is in a completely difference state in terms of finances and what’s expected of the board and fans alike, expectations are at an all time high in over 20 years. Let’s also not forget that the competition in the league table in terms of quality has changed also. When Moyes was here we were the Tottenham of that era, fighting with the likes of Aston Villa for 5th/6th place. Now there are 6 billionaire owned football clubs above us with far superior squads than we have fighting it out for the 4th/5th/6th placed positions.

Moyes was great for us in that period but times have changed. It’s a massive no from me.

I think we need to be very careful, and a safety first approach may well be warranted. The last time we were in this scenario Moshiri was bending over backwards to get a loser like Silva but thankfully got Allerdyce instead. The fan base engaged in mass hysterics and melodrama at Sam's appointment but he was the much better option than Silva, who I wholeheartedly believe would have taken us down had he been appointed after Koeman.

I don't mind it, I don't care about this season it's a write off, The club won't risk hiring some fancy name given the situation and fixtures, we find ourselves in need of someone who probably has experience to get us out of this mess, It's only acceptable for me if its a till the end of the season job like Fat Sam.
It's grim but when you hire such a chancer like Silva this was a possibility.

I think we need to be very careful, and a safety first approach may well be warranted. The last time we were in this scenario Moshiri was bending over backwards to get a loser like Silva but thankfully got Allerdyce instead. The fan base engaged in mass hysterics and melodrama at Sam's appointment but he was the much better option than Silva, who I wholeheartedly believe would have taken us down had he been appointed after Koeman.

I agree the first priority is to appoint someone who will be best equipped to ensure we avoid catastrophe. That was the thinking with Allardyce and to be fair, he did what he came to do and did so with much to spare.

There will be a bit of a dilemma in this respect. The "best" available manager longer term and the best equipped to stabilise us here and now may not be one and the same person (or indeed want to come now). There are some managers I'm sure who would baulk at doing the job for six months and then being turfed out like Allardyce for another sexier alternative.

The more I think about it, the more it seems Benitez ticks both boxes for me. I can't see a more suitable candidate out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.