• Naw

Votes: 483 66.6%
  • Cheese on wor toast

Votes: 39 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

If Moyes comes back here as manager I’m done with Moshiri.

Imagine bringing Marcel Brands in to over see off field first team footballing issues and his first major managerial suggestion is to take the begging bowl to a manager who’s biggest achievement in football history is reaching an FA Cup final 11 years ago.
*done with Everton

This is an excellent advert for revisionism.
Not really. Man Utd are dreadful now, and Moyes was given zero time and scant resources compared to his successors. Even OGS got about 200M in the summer to buy in two players. He went to Sociedad when they were in relegation places and got mid-table. He didn’t set the world alight, but had some good moments.

Sunderland - Short pulled the plug financially. Look at them now.

West Ham - look at them now. No fight today against their derby rivals until they went 3-0 down. Conceded 9 goals in their last three games. Dreadful. And Pellegrini has spent a lot of money there too

As long as he has a continental name I don't see what could possibly go wrong.

David Moyes is not a continental name so it couldn't possibly work.

Although Koeman, Martinez and Silva are all foreign they were deeply entrenched in English football.

I would assume people dont want Moyes because of his recent track record and we know what we will be getting with him (at best)

Problem now is we kind of need someone like him to get us back to where he had us but then we would need to bun him off straight away as he would never ever push us on from there.

Lets go the whole hog and give Blue Bill the Job. He can have Jenny doing the rub downs and Have Ginola and Gazza on the coaching staff. Get Betty's hot pots in the dressing room and Annie Walker handing out after match pale ale. Not forgetting bringing back the boys and girls pens and Prince Andrew as our new patron.

B0PdFEVIgAA0nYM.jpg_large.jpg
welcome home Davey...

Although Koeman, Martinez and Silva are all foreign they were deeply entrenched in English football.

I would assume people dont want Moyes because of his recent track record and we know what we will be getting with him (at best)

Problem now is we kind of need someone like him to get us back to where he had us but then we would need to bun him off straight away as he would never ever push us on from there.
Well yes - we need him to build a base. Some people don’t want a base for some reason!!!

We need another top class continental manager like De Boer, Emery, Villas Boas, Pelligrini or Marco Silva!

I don’t get the point?

Every one of those excluding Silva has done a lot more and been a lot more successful throughout their careers than Davey ‘FA Cup’ final’ Moyes. Given the choice of Moyes or any of those names above (Silva excluded - Not sure why he’s even in the same sentence as those others given he has done nothing of note in his whole career) I would go with the latter every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.