Would you have Lukaku back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
he can score goals but I aint sure he would suit how we play now, we need a striker that can score goals. His work rate and first touch need to be better, he's coming up to his prime soon and he aint knocking them in left right and centre at UTD is he?

he can score goals but I aint sure he would suit how we play now, we need a striker that can score goals. His work rate and first touch need to be better, he's coming up to his prime soon and he aint knocking them in left right and centre at UTD is he?

One thing that can't be questioned is his goal scoring. He's scored an impressive number of goals throughout his career even at West Brom and Everton finishing mid table. He isn't in the very top bracket in the Premier League like a Kane, Aguero or even Aubemeyang (who I think will prove to be at that level) but he's the next tier down. That is a level above what we have been used to for the last 25-30 years from our strikers.

Agree about the work rate and first touch but that's only exposing him at a club that wants to win the league or be in the top 2 or 3. They are different to our ambitions so we will have players in our squad that have limitations.

Don't see him coming back anyway but he would definitely improve us.

He's a very good goal scorer. He's better than what we have currently have. If he came back for a lot less than he left for I would consider it (haha, as if I have any say! :eek:), but I would prefer to have someone who doesn't come with all the negatives that have been mentioned previously, but can still actually score goals!

It's not a realistic proposition but on balance I'd have him back yes.

He would certainly yield goals, and enough against the sort of sides we are clustered with, and sides below that group, to turn more draws into wins.

I could never warm to him though and found his periodic 'lost in translation' interviews and fathers quotes to be disrespectful and lacking in class. Leave if you want to, but I never get the need to make such a fuss of it.

But on the goalscoring side, it would be hard to argue against him being with us.

Yeah for his goals. But he was really irritating in the press. Unprofessional in my opinion.
The man can bag though, absolutely.

Not for me the sh@@house showed what he's about by sulking and thinking he's to good for Everton cheeky b@@@@@d . Shame as well cos he is talented when he wants to be .but maybe am to set in my ways and only want players playing for us who want to be here

Status
Not open for further replies.