Would what your view of Allardyce be?

If we finished 7th, and he was moved on at the end of the season..

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a dinosaur relic from the dark ages of Charles Hughes blueprint for English football.

I don't like his xenophobic issues of the foreign influence in the PL,his comments on Wenger when he was Bolton manager being some and his complaints why the top clubs hire overseas managers (who have actually won something Sam) and his moaning how British manager never get the chance (Brent Moyes Hodgson) has escaped his mind,and his laughable claim that he would win the treble if he was Real Madrid manager.

I respect that he's made a niche out of his limited abilities to be a proven manager to get teams in relegation trouble safe,but after this new dawn at the club and Moshiri i thought Big Sam being near the club would never have happened.

He should be gone in the Summer and a tactical expansive modern day manager be put in charge.

Should be out the door the second we are safe. Nine of this wasting half the summer getting a replacement in and letting him assess squad. We need a full overhaul plan in place as soon as the final whistle blows on the last day of the season.

Were likely to finish 7th this year, if we do I'd be happy with him here next year
I'm not convinced any other managers we can attract would do any better

I think it would be more interesting to know how people would vote on the following:

If someone came back in time from summer 2019, and told you that Allardyce had stayed on got Everton into a CL spot next season, would you still want him gone at the end of this season?

You can almost infer how that poll would go, based on the answers to this though.

Get rid at season end. Ideally before. Utterly negative blame merchant. All the wins are "his" wins and all the losses are at the feet of the players. A total disgrace that we are so numbed by this season that some are accepting that, in February, with 34 points on the board and 33 still to play for, that keeping us up will be an acceptable achievement. His constant references to "safety" etc are all part of the Big Sam firefighter myth. I actually think the odd loss and heavy defeat suits him deep down as it enables him to continue in this vein of how it's just his particular brand of bisto infused magic keeping us up. Counting the days til he's gone.

I've no problem with Allardyce. OK he's a bit brash but there's not one single manager who doesn't have a larger than average ego. He's got some stuff wrong and some stuff right - I get some of the criticism but don't get the vitriol given he didn't put us in this spot. Seen Moyes sides concede 6's & 7's in his time and he got an easier ride with better circumstances.

Pep Guardiola wouldn't get the squad Koeman left playing expansive and winning football never mind Allardyce.

Unless we get the DOF sorted it won't matter who manages us if they're having to work with a scattergun transfer policy.

I take your point, Lou.

But given how gash we have been and where we were back in October, I will do a jig down Spellow Lane after the last home game happen we do finish 7th.

Especially if it gets us into Europe :dance:

The early Europe quali rounds and it's affect on pre-season, was one of the ingredients that added to this season?
Think I'd prefer 8th, a re-shape of the squad (defence being priority) and a new manager that plays proper football.

Status
Not open for further replies.