Would what your view of Allardyce be?

If we finished 7th, and he was moved on at the end of the season..

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
7th and gone. I'd swallow my pride, wish him well and as soon as the door slammed shut behind him let out the biggest sigh of relief ever. Then try and forget all about his brief reign of terror in what was a rubbish season.

In fact, I propose a collective amnesia over him once he goes. I think 6 million smackeroos for the man will make this scenario go easy for his part. I do hope that part of the deal was that in receiving severance pay, he never comments or acts as a pundit on our games or is described as a former Everton manager, because we all know he's going to be dining out on this for a long long time.

utterly biased options. If he can get us performing away like we do at home then I have no problems with him staying.

No point upsetting the Club sacking him for no reason if we don't have to. That would only bring about Palace,West Ham, Watford short termism. No proper Manager is ever going to come if we fire performing managers after 6 months to a year.

They are a bit biased, but I was wondering if anyone would change their view of him if he did get us 7th and moved on. I feel like a lot of the animosity towards him is based on fans fears that he will stay next season and we will waste another season struggling or fighting to be the 'best of the rest' when this season was supposed to be one of progress and at least challenging the top 6 again like in 13-14 and before.

Unfortunately, it feels like we're further from the top 6 now than we were last season and that's a tough thing to take.

Do we really need ANOTHER Allardyce thread?

It's more to gauge if people would change their mind on him if they knew he was actually going as I said to Lord Buckethead. I reckon the uncertainty over him staying in the summer is leading to fans increased negativity towards him. A bit like Arsenal fans with Wenger. A lot of the Arsenal fans who are anti-Wenger actually said in the past couple of seasons that if they knew he was going at the end of the season, they'd get behind him. Obviously not comparing Wenger's achievements in Football to Allardyce in case anyone tries claiming that lol.

They are a bit biased, but I was wondering if anyone would change their view of him if he did get us 7th and moved on. I feel like a lot of the animosity towards him is based on fans fears that he will stay next season and we will waste another season struggling or fighting to be the 'best of the rest' when this season was supposed to be one of progress and at least challenging the top 6 again like in 13-14 and before.

Unfortunately, it feels like we're further from the top 6 now than we were last season and that's a tough thing to take.
One of Sam's problems is that Board only gave him an 18month contract. It gives the impression to the fans and players that the board have no long term confidence in him. The Fans want him out the door before he's settled in because they are already looking towards the next manager and the players know if he'll get the bullet for them under-performing. In many ways Sam is on a hiding to nothing.

As i've already said, if the players perform away like they do at home then we'll be fine.
No matter who we have as maanager at the moment we would be dependant on a Top6 cock up next year for us to progress. It isn't impossible to break into the top 5-6, but everything would have to be going for us and other teams will have to have the sort of season we've had this year.

..been well covered elsewhere, a lot of ‘ifs’ and ‘buts’ in the question. I wonder if Moshiri will just be happy with another season of stability and i’d be very surprised if Allardyce isn’t here next season given a top 10 finishing position.

What would your (favourite) view of Allardyce be?
images

Sniper’s dream.

With the squad he had available to him, plus an additional 50m he was given in January, he should absolutely waltz his way to 7th with a massive gap to eighth.

The fact that's he's thrown several games just to fight for draws the next home game is a disgrace, so if we do scrape 7th, get rid. In fact, 100% boot him out as soon as the season is over, as we should be challenging for 6th right now the players he's had at his disposal.

With the squad he had available to him, plus an additional 50m he was given in January, he should absolutely waltz his way to 7th with a massive gap to eighth.

The fact that's he's thrown several games just to fight for draws the next home game is a disgrace, so if we do scrape 7th, get rid. In fact, 100% boot him out as soon as the season is over, as we should be challenging for 6th right now the players he's had at his disposal.
Hahahahaha whatever you say mate. Where were we when arrived again?

Talk about deluded

Status
Not open for further replies.