Would things drastically change if Benitez left tomorrow?

If Benitez left tomorrow and nothing else changed would Everton's fortunes improve?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's been playing well these last 5 matches mate?

We've been crap and the excuses don't cut it.
eh? we won one, drew at OT, and then lost all our good players, and had to play players who are patently unfit, cos weve got no squad. Still and all, West Ham scored from a set piece. and we were wining againist watford with nearly ten minutes to go. He's done as well as can be expected with this squad.

I'm not arguing Carlo wasn't a failure for finishing 10th.

I'm arguing that the "weak squad" shouldn't be an excuse for Benitez finishing below 10th and flirting with relegation when it is basically an unchanged squad from last year that spent most of the time fighting for European competition and only lost it on the last day.

Obviously if we enter a relegation battle at any point the manager will rightly be sacked. We’re not the sort of team that just turns it around mid season unless there’s been a change, we’ve seen the pattern unfold several times in the last few seasons.

I wouldn’t call last season a “fight” for European competition either, we looked like we didn’t even want it. Bottled the Europa Conference League against relegated Sheffield United at home, that’s not a fight to me. These players haven’t got a shred of fight in them, they couldn’t spell the word.

Obviously if we enter a relegation battle at any point the manager will rightly be sacked. We’re not the sort of team that just turns it around mid season unless there’s been a change, we’ve seen the pattern unfold several times in the last few seasons.

I wouldn’t call last season a “fight” for European competition either, we looked like we didn’t even want it. Bottled the Europa Conference League against relegated Sheffield United at home, that’s not a fight to me. These players haven’t got a shred of fight in them, they couldn’t spell the word.
he will not be sacked if we have plummetted cos of having no players. if we've still got an unfit Godfrey playing, an unfit Gbamin, a rusty Richarlison. if that is the case, allowances will be made even if we do get pulled down into the swamp.

he will not be sacked if we have plummetted cos of having no players. if we've still got an unfit Godfrey playing, an unfit Gbamin, a rusty Richarlison. if that is the case, allowances will be made even if we do get pulled down into the swamp.
They won't.

Evertonians won't care.

We have to many players who know that they will never get paid more than what they are getting now at Everton. They are comfortable in their ambitions and are not bothered about trying to hit that next level, as the have settled for what they have.

I also think this is the same problem Man Utd have and why they won't win the premiership anytime soon.

Martinez, Koeman, Silva, Big Sam, Carlo, and now Benitez... all bar 1 have left and we still seem to have the same issues, gutless cowards on the field being the biggest issue... maybe it's not the managers fault. Carlo was the only manager who didn't have the fans calling for his sacking but the second half of last season was horrific his reputation saved him from abuse.

Kidding yourselves if you think getting rid of benitez will change anything. Our squad is so pathetic after our top 6 or 7 players that we'll be lucky not to get relegated.

There will be memes taking the P about our wasted transfers in 10 years time. We're so poorly run that we're one of the only clubs in the world that has a billionaire owner and PL money that could possibly be in trouble with FFP.

A cowards way out would be to blame benitez and accept mediocrity elsewhere.

Kidding yourselves if you think getting rid of benitez will change anything. Our squad is so pathetic after our top 6 or 7 players that we'll be lucky not to get relegated.

There will be memes taking the P about our wasted transfers in 10 years time. We're so poorly run that we're one of the only clubs in the world that has a billionaire owner and PL money that could possibly be in trouble with FFP.

A cowards way out would be to blame benitez and accept mediocrity elsewhere.

Benitez was appointed partly to direct the fan anger away from Moshiri, and it’s worked.

I don't think it would make any real difference. Since Moyes went we have had one manager after another that has failed to manage our players effectively. The complete panic that seems to strike in nearly every game when we come under any real pressure is bewildering. I can't see Mina, CL & Richy being here after the summer. For me the problem is running right through the club. We've had two directors of football who have failed. We can't see it in any other way. Yes they have brought in a couple of decent buys but overall the losses made on players speaks volumes. Brands and Walsh are responsible for the dross we have now and every manager has failed to manage them for more than a season. It's been said many times but we need to be ruthless from top to bottom. We can argue for Moshiri to go but that's irrelevant until someone shows some interest in buying the club. The manager should be able to make any appointments he sees fit and not be told that he has to keep ex-players as coaches for sentimentality. It certainly isn't creating an environment where players want to fight for the club, it seems to be doing the opposite. Let's ditch the director of football roll, it has failed appallingly and we should move on.
FFP means we have to look to the Championship, or lower and cheap foreign buys so lets get our scouts concentrating on this. Unless we can sell CL and Richy for silly money, then we have no real obvious way of getting money to balance the books within the rules. We are in a seriously dangerous position and action needs to be taken sooner rather than later to over-hall the squad in its entirety. It can be done though and Moshiri has to be brave and make the big decisions now.
you are so right on every point, As an everton fan of nearly 70 yearly i have never been so frightened.

Benetez was right all along, we are a small club, a big club wouldn't have a clinger on like Kenwright holding onto power in the board room, a big club wouldn't keep the same assistant manager after he worked 4 or 5 failed managers.. get rid of Kenwright and Ferguson and give a manager a proper go at managing the club on his terms...
Rafael: "Everton are a small club"
Everton: Here Rafael have 2 million to spend.

Martinez, Koeman, Silva, Big Sam, Carlo, and now Benitez... all bar 1 have left and we still seem to have the same issues, gutless cowards on the field being the biggest issue... maybe it's not the managers fault. Carlo was the only manager who didn't have the fans calling for his sacking but the second half of last season was horrific his reputation saved him from abuse.
If Carlo was anyone else he would have got just as much abuse towards the end of last season. Since Moyes left we’ve pretty much gone for every single type of manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.