Would things drastically change if Benitez left tomorrow?

If Benitez left tomorrow and nothing else changed would Everton's fortunes improve?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodison, the match going fans, have been patient with him. We have had a very unfortunate issue with losing both Richie and Dom but his insistence on playing Rondon has seemed ill-judged as he offers very little to nothing. His tendency to have us sitting back, even against less capable teams is frustrating and dangerous. Some of his substitutions don't make sense and have cost us. The zonal marking farce has left us unable to defend properly. We are dangerous on the counter though which is down to him. I'm not sure that he will learn and change as he has a reputation for being stubborn and knowing better than the rest. I'd say the patience at Goodison is wearing thin and will soon turn to its toxic worst if he continues to make the same errors - but he is here now and hopefully when we have Dom and Richie cemented back in the starting line up things will improve. If not it is going to get ugly.
I didn’t go and Spoke to mates who went to wolves and it apparently wasn’t good. They’re the passion behind the club , the lifeblood so lose them and you’re in trouble , it’ll always be more noticeable away from home just because of the numbers but if they turn they’ll drive it at goodison .

I don’t think it’s a lost cause yet but I do think if we suffer a new manager bounce at the weekend and if he persists in tactics that seems flawed then I don’t know how long it’ll last .

Well it wouldn’t be worse and we wouldn’t have to endure seeing a fat kopite in the touch line every week

Oh it could be worse, much worse. Were you so up in arms about Sammy Lee doing the same? Or as belligerent about Sheedy and numerous players that crossed the divide? Honestly, he could support Lucifer himself and I wouldn't care as long as he brought some improvement to the mediocrity we have suffered since, oh, let's be honest the 1980s.

You can see some of the mistakes he's made, but you can clearly see some of the improvements too. Only fools sack managers after 10 games in charge. Spurs might get away with it, but that is the exception rather than the rule.

Oh it could be worse, much worse. Were you so up in arms about Sammy Lee doing the same? Or as belligerent about Sheedy and numerous players that crossed the divide? Honestly, he could support Lucifer himself and I wouldn't care as long as he brought some improvement to the mediocrity we have suffered since, oh, let's be honest the 1980s.

You can see some of the mistakes he's made, but you can clearly see some of the improvements too. Only fools sack managers after 10 games in charge. Spurs might get away with it, but that is the exception rather than the rule.
Sammy lee? Yes I was, that was one of the most shameful things this club has done in decades employing that little piss soaked goblin. Sheedy wasn’t so ingrained with that lot so completely different. That’s by the by though, don’t think anyone would complain about the kopite connections if klopp or even Rodgers cake here because they’ve shown themselves to be good managers in the here and now

As for Benitez, What improvements has he brought? We’re weaker at the back and from set pieces, crap going forward, fitness is still questionable and we’re still getting injuries left right and center. And the squad has appeared to thrown in the towel even sooner than usual

The only thing wrong with Benitez is that he's managed Liverpool, there's nothing else wrong.

He's came in, been given £1.6m to stamp his authority on a squad, started well, and dealt with injuries to his best 4 players in Richarlison, DCL, Doucoure and Mina, and we've been impacted, mostly by no Doucoure.

The sacking culture we've got in our heads is mental. No manager has had a chance to get their stamp on how we play, yet the players who've consistently let the last 6 managers down get a freepass.

Sometimes Benitez gets it wrong, but sometimes he gets it right. Our fanbase is beyond fickle though. It's sport. If we win on Sunday everything is forgiven.

Absolutely not.

Unless you can sack most of the first team squad along with him?

this
The only thing wrong with Benitez is that he's managed Liverpool, there's nothing else wrong.

He's came in, been given £1.6m to stamp his authority on a squad, started well, and dealt with injuries to his best 4 players in Richarlison, DCL, Doucoure and Mina, and we've been impacted, mostly by no Doucoure.

The sacking culture we've got in our heads is mental. No manager has had a chance to get their stamp on how we play, yet the players who've consistently let the last 6 managers down get a freepass.

Sometimes Benitez gets it wrong, but sometimes he gets it right. Our fanbase is beyond fickle though. It's sport. If we win on Sunday everything is forgiven.

we all know sunday tho contes first game.

oh everton 3 points it is

Nothing would change at all. The rot in the club and players was here long before Benitez arrived and change needs to start from the top for it to have a positive effect but they are all too busy drawing massive pay checks, patting themselves on their backs for being continuously crap, giving jobs to mates and continuing to have zero communication with supporters.

What I would say here, is how many consecutive defeats do you draw the line at? Because I can see 2 more coming with Spurs and City for starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.