Worst Individual Performances at Goodison

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've seen the likes of Sigurdsson and Iwobi have proper shockers at Goodison in recent years, but was just thinking then and remembered the very worst Goodison performances from either side I can think of (beyond obvious ones like Nyarko/Koldrup) - it's this disasterclass from Paul McShane.

Terrible defender who had a career solely off somehow starting at United's academy.

What's the worst one-off individual performance you've witnessed at home?

We were kind to him in the pre-match magazine, labelling him "the rock in defence" or something like that. Didn't turn out to be so...

James Beattie broke the transfer record, wore the no 9 shirt and went a whole season with no goals from open play. I'm not sure he got too many assists either.
TBF injuries and suspensions meant that he was missing for most of his first season with us.
He was our top scorer the following season (albeit with a pitiful 10 goals) lol

I can’t remember any stand out bad performance……just a series of nondescript appearances after he was signed to partner Big Bob on the strength of scoring Goal Of The Season circa 1978.

Blackpool Mickey Walsh.

Paul McShane without a shadow of doubt. You couldn’t help thinking we were never going to stop scoring that day and he probably knew it too.

second place Neville versus Wigan. Not close to McShane but you absolutely knew watching him that his career was over that day.

Laughably embarrassing was Niasse’s debut. The first 10 minutes, he ran and skipped around, clapping when one of his teammates made a pass. Watching how oddly he behaved was like I was watching a dream of what it’d be like as a fan to be on the pitch with a live game going on around me.

Status
Not open for further replies.