Worst Individual Performances at Goodison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen the likes of Sigurdsson and Iwobi have proper shockers at Goodison in recent years, but was just thinking then and remembered the very worst Goodison performances from either side I can think of (beyond obvious ones like Nyarko/Koldrup) - it's this disasterclass from Paul McShane.

Terrible defender who had a career solely off somehow starting at United's academy.

What's the worst one-off individual performance you've witnessed at home?

Paul McShane was in the Hull team was he not when Mikel made his comeback and we battered them 4-1, and he as masterclass grim.
One memorable moment was when Jimmy Hill arrived with Fulham along with a debutant named Rodney Marsh in the mid 60's (I know, arl git alert), who was the epitome of atrocious. He was raw and cocky and tried various flicks and tricks and nothing worked.
Didn't turn out to be such a bad player though.
What that did teach me though, was to not to be too hasty to judge on one viewing. After all, Goodison Greats such as Colin Harvey and Howard Kendall and Dave Watson hardly looked anything like the players they turned out to be on first showing.
Only one young debutant I can think of in all my years watching that I never needed to make an excuse for because of a genuine riches of talent, was Wayne Rooney. Apart from the wild lunge at he LCFC centre back, Steve Walsh I think his name was, but mainly that was because it should have been at that donkey's neck (no offence @FOXINPEACE if you are on the forum) .
The lad absolutely oozed talent and confidence and sheer mental strength. The rest, as they say, is geography.

Paul McShane was in the Hull team was he not when Mikel made his comeback and we battered them 4-1, and he as masterclass grim.
One memorable moment was when Jimmy Hill arrived with Fulham along with a debutant named Rodney Marsh in the mid 60's (I know, arl git alert), who was the epitome of atrocious. He was raw and cocky and tried various flicks and tricks and nothing worked.
Didn't turn out to be such a bad player though.
What that did teach me though, was to not to be too hasty to judge on one viewing. After all, Goodison Greats such as Colin Harvey and Howard Kendall and Dave Watson hardly looked anything like the players they turned out to be on first showing.
Only one young debutant I can think of in all my years watching that I never needed to make an excuse for because of a genuine riches of talent, was Wayne Rooney. Apart from the wild lunge at he LCFC centre back, Steve Walsh I think his name was, but mainly that was because it should have been at that donkey's neck (no offence @FOXINPEACE if you are on the forum) .
The lad absolutely oozed talent and confidence and sheer mental strength. The rest, as they say, is geography.
yeah, 35 miles due east of Goodison

The only free ticket to a game i've ever had - vs Nottingham Forrest 1999 (should have looked that gift horse in the mouth)
Danny Cadamarteri was the worst

Status
Not open for further replies.