Worst Individual Performances at Goodison

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Ginola was shocking to just about every game

Mikel Madar i remember refusing to run because he hurt his hand. I think that might have been his last game for us

Klaus Thomsen in the derby

Epson Bardson against Spurs

Brett Angel against just about everyone

I remember Ebrell getting subbed after 25 mins against Norwich b/c he was playing terrible

Take your pick from the Walker / Kendall mk3 eras

Paul McShane was in the Hull team was he not when Mikel made his comeback and we battered them 4-1, and he as masterclass grim.
One memorable moment was when Jimmy Hill arrived with Fulham along with a debutant named Rodney Marsh in the mid 60's (I know, arl git alert), who was the epitome of atrocious. He was raw and cocky and tried various flicks and tricks and nothing worked.
Didn't turn out to be such a bad player though.
What that did teach me though, was to not to be too hasty to judge on one viewing. After all, Goodison Greats such as Colin Harvey and Howard Kendall and Dave Watson hardly looked anything like the players they turned out to be on first showing.
Only one young debutant I can think of in all my years watching that I never needed to make an excuse for because of a genuine riches of talent, was Wayne Rooney. Apart from the wild lunge at he LCFC centre back, Steve Walsh I think his name was, but mainly that was because it should have been at that donkey's neck (no offence @FOXINPEACE if you are on the forum) .
The lad absolutely oozed talent and confidence and sheer mental strength. The rest, as they say, is geography.
That's my childhood hero you're blaspheming there!

David Ginola was shocking to just about every game

Mikel Madar i remember refusing to run because he hurt his hand. I think that might have been his last game for us

Klaus Thomsen in the derby

Epson Bardson against Spurs

Brett Angel against just about everyone

I remember Ebrell getting subbed after 25 mins against Norwich b/c he was playing terrible

Take your pick from the Walker / Kendall mk3 eras
Yeah neville Wigan
Made them all look kinda able

He was mate but we needed more work out of him than that. Can remember him stinkin the place out at times. It is a long time ago like.

Oops, didn't win any friends there, did I.
As we all know, the player fans deride the most is always the player they either fear the most, or the player they sometimes secretly wished played for them.
So, in effect @FOXINPEACE, it was a bit of a compliment. Sort of.
Haha only messing mate. He wasn't technically the best player but more of a cult hero. Always thought the O'neill era would be the best I'd see as a Leicester fan but how wrong I was

Nice to see Gray make a decent start for you

Haha only messing mate. He wasn't technically the best player but more of a cult hero. Always thought the O'neill era would be the best I'd see as a Leicester fan but how wrong I was

Nice to see Gray make a decent start for you
Yeah, all in good fun.
A bit like when you won the Premier those few short years ago. Oh how the rest of football celebrated along with yourselves. Not only with your triumph, but also how it wazzed SKY off and their darling Scum Six. Priceless!
Also, as you state, a good start for your 'old boy'. Fingers crossed with that one.
Enjoy your day FOX.

Scott Gemmil away at Derby. We lost 1-0 and he was passing the ball off the pitch, side-footed, under no pressure, ten yards from the touchline.

I don't think there were OPTA stats back then but if he completed a single pass all day I'd be amazed.

Worst oppo performance was same as others, Paul McShane. He looked lashed. Also Julio Baptista for Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.