Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Traore is the biggest fraud in the league. How can a player have some of the best dribbling, pace and physicality but have the same end product as Iwobi?

BENITEZ PRE WOLVES PRESS CONFERENCE​

Benitez on reaction post Watford hammering
The first thing was to analyse why, when we were winning 2-1, we conceded the way we did. Apart from that, it's just working on these issues

Benitez on Doucoure's recovery
The reality is that we are missing some important players. Doucoure was doing really well, to lose him for these games is important for any team. Doucoure is getting better, it seems he's progressing well, hopefully after [the international break] he'll be fine

Benitez on pressure/Fans Reaction
The main thing is to be sure we stick together as a team. We will try to be sure we are as competitive as we have been for the rest of the season.
You can understand the frustration of the fans. We are working on finding the solutions and this is part of the job

Benitez on Richarlison
He's been getting better, we will see how much he can improve. In terms of his fitness he will not be 100% but he's getting better
If you think about the top scorers last year, he's one of them. He has the ability to beat players and score goals. He was good for us at the beginning of the season, he can be a big miss.

Benitez on Wolves
They have pace, they have ability, they have a system they know well. I think they will be quite dangerous. Now they have better balance and they are doing well

Benitez on system
We have been working on the four at the back & we've been working during the week with this idea

Benitez on the defence
I said before I was frustrated, we were not expecting that. In this case we were winning, with the fans behind the team everything was positive. You try to analyse and be sure it won't happen again, but still it's difficult.

Benitez on taking charge of his 350th Premier League game
It's good to have some good numbers but I will be happier if we can celebrate with three points

Benitez on set pieces
I think it's so many years, when I came here in 2004 we were doing zonal marking and people criticised the system. Two years later, we were the best. The main thing for us to make sure we attack the ball and show character, we're not doing that, I think it's a question of how to defend, show character and show aggression

Benitez on Anthony Gordon
He was on loan last year & I kept him here because I could see the potential. I'm really pleased with his attitude & commitment... You have to make decisions and that's it. Anthony is working hard & getting better. Hopefully he can play 90mins in a lot of games in the rest of the season

Benitez on Everton's Watford collapse
We did really bad, It's very clear: we didn't win the tackles, didn't attack the ball. We were in a bad position when we conceded the second goal & then were in bad possession two or three times... There are some principles we have to do well & go back to basics

Benitez on injuries
Still we have two training sessions so some are nearly coming back but I think it's too early to say who. We are waiting on some medical assessments & can see who can come back [for Monday]

how bad is our squad if after a 2-5 defeat we will hardly make any changes

defence: Benitez saying they have worked with 4 at the back. So only option is play Holgate instead of Keane/Godfrey
midfield: Only option is play 3 in midfield, but again options are limited (Gbamin, Onyango or maybe Gomes if fit (argggh)
attack: Richy for probably Gordon (our best player last week). Only other option (please noooo) is Iwobi

I would play

Pickford
Coleman
Digne
Holgate
..... dont know haha

Allan
Davies
Onyango

Townsend
Richarlison
Gray

Would I be right in saying that the entirety of Iwobi and Gomes league goals have all come against Wolves?

Status
Not open for further replies.