Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
seamus-coleman-back-training-ahead-of-the-merseyside-derby.jpg

Another game and another 3 points for the Champions-elect.

Pickster
Collyman - Kegs - Yezdog - Luca
Doucs - Allan
Hamez - Iceland - Richrich
Dominator

Coleman shouldn't be sent to back to Donegal on the first Air Lingus flight available. He's not even league one standard now.

I'd go back to Holgate and Godfrey as the full backs for this one

I would put Holgate at RB but Richarlison looks half the player without Digne.

Wolves are quite solid defensively so if we want anything more than a draw out the game I do think we need more than what the Richarlison/Godfrey combo offers going forward tbh.

For me stick Godfrey in the midfield and have him tuck into the space Digne leaves when he is bombing forward.

Im sick of seeing Sigurdsson/Gomes/Davies start games and offer nothing in terms of attack or defence.

Very nervous about this one. We need a win, but I can’t see it he way we’ve been playing.

Anyway, DCL and Richie will be back, rested, and James, Doucoure and Digne and Coleman are available, so a much improved team available. Fingers crossed.

I am worried by this one, they have some good pace wide and up front tyically playing a 3-5-2....

When defending they will be 5 at the back, and you know what we are like breaking teams down who defend in numbers!

In wide areas they have good pace which we always fail to deal with, plus 2 strikers they will play up against our 2 centre backs leaving us 2 on 2 when our full backs go forward........

If Allan is fit, I wouldn't be surprised if Carlo went back to the 4-3-3 to get us going offensively again. If he isn't fit then I think Gomes will play in Allan's spot in the 4-2-3-1. Gomes seems to perform slightly better with Doucoure next to him.

I think he plays either:

Pickford
Godfrey Mina Keane Digne
Doucoure Allan Siggurdsson
James DCL Richie

or

Pickford
Godfrey Mina Keane Digne
Allan/Gomes Doucoure
Iwobi James Richarlison
DCL

agenda against Pickford ? Been months since he did anything wrong
Not an agenda, he is one of the best keepers around, but he needs to know he has to cut out the mistakes or loose his place. I feel he is complacent which leads to his mistakes and let's be honest he makes a ton of them.

Wolves away
Villa away

would absolutely take three points from that. Can see one maximum
I've a feeling they see us beating Chelsea ars and leicster and struggle against ham and rotherham and they will change tactics and be less expansive against us as them two teams are normally attacking. Hope Carlo is ready for it.

I’d go

Pickford
Godfrey Mina Keane Digne
Holgate
Doucoure
Iwobi James Richy
DCL

will Mina be ok to play after a head injury ?
Yup, he wasn't withdrawn with concussion so doesn't need to miss any game time unless he was confused post-game, which seems unlikely.

Olsen

Holgate Mina Keane Digne

Doucouré Allan

Iwobi James Richarlison

Calvert-Lewin

Subs: Pickford, Sigurðsson, Tosun, Nkounkou, Gomes, Godfrey, Coleman, Gordon, Lössl.

Unavailable: Delph (injured), Gbamin (injured).

Is Allan fit again? Have I missed something?

More than a little bit concerned that if Allan's not fit for Villa and Doucoure gets booked in this, that we're looking at a midfield of Davies, Gomes and Sigurdsson for Villa, going up against McGinn and Luiz.

Status
Not open for further replies.