Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The kind of game likely to produce further evidence that my prediction of 9th without reinforcements is likely to be apposite.

Now, if we go and win at Wolves, then I think there is a body of evidence that suggests I have underestimated us. It puts a bit of distance between us and a side that were well ahead of us last season, mainly due to the incompetence of Marco Silva. Wins against Chelsea, Arsenal, and Leicester will seem a little no more than streaky if we follow them up with defeats to West Ham and Wolves. Indeed, there is a strong argument then that we are merely regressing to the mean.

So, a big one this.

I think Wolves will have too much 'zip' about them and will control the midfield with their creativity and technical players. As a result, I believe they will end up outscoring us by two goals to one.

1-1 or 2-1 defeat not confident at all based on our last two performances.

Think he'll go

Pickford
Coleman Keane Godfrey Digne
Doucoure Siggurdsson
Iwobi Rodriguez Richarlison
DCL

I would go

Pickford
Holgate Keane Mina Digne
Doucoure Godfrey
Iwobi Rodriguez Richarlison
DCL

Don't want to see Davies/Gomes/Siggurdsson starting matches anymore.

The kind of game likely to produce further evidence that my prediction of 9th without reinforcements is likely to be apposite.

Now, if we go and win at Wolves, then I think there is a body of evidence that suggests I have underestimated us. It puts a bit of distance between us and a side that were well ahead of us last season, mainly due to the incompetence of Marco Silva. Wins against Chelsea, Arsenal, and Leicester will seem a little no more than streaky if we follow them up with defeats to West Ham and Wolves. Indeed, there is a strong argument then that we are merely regressing to the mean.

So, a big one this.
We seem to be a streaky team we could win 4 on the trot then lose 3, we very seldom bounce back after a loss it's always a few losses.

Doubt it will matter much who we play in the midfield, I feel Wolves will have too much about them for our lads to cope with. Sadly, I can't see us getting anything from this game.

Pickford
Coleman Holgate Keane Godfrey

Doucouré Davies
Iwobi Sigurdsson Richarlison
Calvert-Lewin

WOL.png

EFC.png

Think this may end up a 1-1 draw, whatever way we have to perform better, compared to over the weeks and even more so compared to that 3-0 defeat here last season which was bad to say the least

Status
Not open for further replies.