Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought a couple of games ago both Davies and Gomez looked good and hope soured in my heart but then it all came crashing down like always. Sack them both off and get Holgate trained up and get him playing along Doucs. Then when Allan is back we have cover. Cant imagine Gbamin ever making it back properly so thats the defensive mid sorted. Please put Hamez in the middle and let everyone else do his running. Then try to get a right attacker and a right back in during this window. 1-0 us.

Olsen
Godfrey Keane Mina Digne
Holgate Doucs
Iwobi Hamez Richi
DCL​

I thought a couple of games ago both Davies and Gomez looked good and hope soured in my heart but then it all came crashing down like always. Sack them both off and get Holgate trained up and get him playing along Doucs. Then when Allan is back we have cover. Cant imagine Gbamin ever making it back properly so thats the defensive mid sorted. Please put Hamez in the middle and let everyone else do his running. Then try to get a right attacker and a right back in during this window. 1-0 us.

Olsen
Godfrey Keane Mina Digne
Holgate Doucs
Iwobi Hamez Richi
DCL​

agenda against Pickford ? Been months since he did anything wrong

....very interesting what Ancelotti does with the Godfrey/Digne situation. Decision time looms.

If it’s not for this game, ultimately Digne has to come back in. For me, the decision then is who plays alongside Godfrey in central defence. I’d say Keane but I was very impressed with Mina’s cameo yesterday, I thought his attitude and leadership helped get us through the tie.

Olsen

Holgate Mina Keane Digne

Doucouré Allan

Iwobi James Richarlison

Calvert-Lewin

Subs: Pickford, Sigurðsson, Tosun, Nkounkou, Gomes, Godfrey, Coleman, Gordon, Lössl.

Unavailable: Delph (injured), Gbamin (injured).

Think we could actually do very well here, our best results come against teams we can counter.

coleman and digne don’t play, we stay solid defensively and try to nick it. Not even sure about James but I didn’t see the game (and BBC “highlights” was 30 sec) but some comments on here make me think I’d bench him and bring him on last 30 mins.

that midfield is toxic, but Gomes isn’t as prime time awful as Davies, so I would play him. Frankly I see people’s argument for holgate, he played well there under dunc, I get frustrated at Carlo playing it safe and just doing the same thing for the same outcome, Einstein said it best.

I still think we could get 4 points here, wolves are nothing without Jimenez, but these are 6 pointers. Get a few results, Europe is on, lose twice and we’ll be playing catch-up and we always fall short.

COYB!

Doucoure, Davies, Gilfi
James, DCL, Richarlison

Sub: Iwobi ( only to be used in case of lightening strike or fire )

Davies is two-bob but there is no one else. Well there is Gomes but he has caught the Goodison Plague
and is now playing crap.

I disagree with the views about Wolves so far on this thread. They have been playing ok and are a
much better team than us. You never know but Wolves are the clear favourites in my book.

Doucoure, Davies, Gilfi
James, DCL, Richarlison

Sub: Iwobi ( only to be used in case of lightening strike or fire )

Davies is two-bob but there is no one else. Well there is Gomes but he has caught the Goodison Plague
and is now playing crap.

I disagree with the views about Wolves so far on this thread. They have been playing ok and are a
much better team than us. You never know but Wolves are the clear favourites in my book.
Don’t disagree, but we have more chance without Jimenez right? Jimenez playing I’d make a different prediction

Think we could actually do very well here, our best results come against teams we can counter.

coleman and digne don’t play, we stay solid defensively and try to nick it. Not even sure about James but I didn’t see the game (and BBC “highlights” was 30 sec) but some comments on here make me think I’d bench him and bring him on last 30 mins.

that midfield is toxic, but Gomes isn’t as prime time awful as Davies, so I would play him. Frankly I see people’s argument for holgate, he played well there under dunc, I get frustrated at Carlo playing it safe and just doing the same thing for the same outcome, Einstein said it best.

I still think we could get 4 points here, wolves are nothing without Jimenez, but these are 6 pointers. Get a few results, Europe is on, lose twice and we’ll be playing catch-up and we always fall short.

COYB!
Couldn’t disagree more re Gomes. He is far, far worse than Davies on current form.

Status
Not open for further replies.