Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s just a shame that one of Gomes or Davies will be playing.

Unfortunately there's just no other choice.

For Davies' many faults, he can close down space quicker than Gylfi, so that means Doucoure has less to do.

However we line up in midfield, we simply have to play 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1 properly. Not a stupid 4-3-3 when in possession with the two advanced midfielders rushing forward and away from the ball whenever our defence has it.

Play the shape that we did v Leicester and Chelsea.

Unfortunately there's just no other choice.

For Davies' many faults, he can close down space quicker than Gylfi, so that means Doucoure has less to do.

However we line up in midfield, we simply have to play 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1 properly. Not a stupid 4-3-3 when in possession with the two advanced midfielders rushing forward and away from the ball whenever our defence has it.

Play the shape that we did v Leicester and Chelsea.
Davies is definitely the lesser of the two evils.

I want to see intensity, i can forgive a lot oc things as long as i feel they've given their all, too many of our players should look in a mirror occasionally and ask themselves if they really left it out there and gave everything. The fact that this isn't a given has started making me angry, we shouldnt have to keep paying to watch players who genuinely dont give their all every game.

Or you've got a very good attacking left back who may find more space than the left sided attacking player and influence the game in the final third.

The truth is a bit of both.
If we had the right players and midfield and upfront we could probably get away with playing Digne from the start.
The reality is if we are behind to Wolves we will be bringing on Tosun, Bernard and Gylfi/Gomez.

If we had the right players and midfield and upfront we could probably get away with playing Digne from the start.
The reality is if we are behind to Wolves we will be bringing on Tosun, Bernard and Gylfi/Gomez.
To think that some people believe we are chasing a top 4 slot with squad players like that.

An away game but we really need to put this one away and get the points after that crap show agin Hammers.

The big question is what will be the lineout in 2 days time. Will Coleman, Gomes, Digne, Davies and Gordon get the nod again. Quite chilling to think of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.