Will we qualify for Europe this season?

Will we qualify for Europe this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My view is this : let's get the basics right. We've been through the most horrendous couple of months and have only just started to get back on our feet. Most of our wins this season have been scrappy affairs, it's hard to think of a single game where we've played great flowing football for anything like 90 minutes. DCL and Niasse have stepped up to the mark and done everything we could have asked of them, but we are still a team crying out for a goalscoring centre forward. Compare us to last year's top 6, the gulf in quality is embarrassing, it's greater than it's been for years. We can close that gap, but it's going to take time, good coaching and developing these wonderful young talents that we have. So I'm not even thinking where are going to finish this year, as long as we're not involved in the relegation scrap I'll take whatever we can get, what's more important is getting the performances right, getting a balanced squad, attacking and defending as a unit, and building a team of players who will fight for the right to wear the shirt.
well said

Top Four might just be out of touch for us this season but if we keep Big Sam and get in half a dozen truly world class players over the summer we should be nailed on next season.

I'd actually prefer us to miss out on Europe altogether this year so we have a clear run at CL qualification next season
You were going OK at the start, but it quickly fell apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.