Will the season get halted amid the new COVID-19 spike?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wh
1st boss that maybe a little against it, while as put in here, other things say there has been no talks about a break
so its what you want to believe

What I cant work out is why everyone who is not playing isnt wearing a face mask and socially distancing.
I watch the NFL and they all do when not playing, even players when they leave the field and sit down wear one.

Of course it spreads, that's what viruses do, hence why you need to act responsibly and take every precaution possible to prevent it spreading. Not just Footballers, every person. I walked out of a shop last month because the shopkeeper sneezed into his hand, wiped his hand on his trouser leg, and then carried on serving people.
Obviously, nothing is going to be 100% but some people aren't even trying.

Of course everyone needs to do their bit

Wh
What I cant work out is why everyone who is not playing isnt wearing a face mask and socially distancing.
I watch the NFL and they all do when not playing, even players when they leave the field and sit down wear one.

But it's all a bit pointless?

They're all tested before they are allowed into the ground.

Wonder if the approval of the Oxford vaccine today has any effect on this decision to possibly have a break?

Can't see how.

The issue isn't the rise in cases through the country. It's the rise in cases in teams.

If teams can't train, and can't play, and then managers etc start testing positive, then it's the same position as it was in March.

The players will be far down on the list of priorities for vaccinations.

The problem with stopping the season is the calendar is already full this will compound the position. Maybe countries will ban the English from travelling to them and that would free up some midweeks for games otherwise we are going to end up with teams playing 4 games in 8 days and the substitute rule would have to be changed again.

Can't see how.

The issue isn't the rise in cases through the country. It's the rise in cases in teams.

If teams can't train, and can't play, and then managers etc start testing positive, then it's the same position as it was in March.

The players will be far down on the list of priorities for vaccinations.

Im wandering if the clubs will order the vaccine. This Oxford one can be mass produced quickly and can be stored in the fridge.

I dont think there would be an outcry like there was with the tests and PPE etc as they wont be denying the public in this instance.

You're talking nearly 10 days as an incubation period so 2 weeks isn't going to do much. I think we'd be looking at 4 weeks in my opinion.
I’m just quoting what’s being suggested at this stage. I worry if it’s 4 weeks they will consider voiding it. You know with Liverpool not running away with it they won’t hesitate to cancel the whole thing

Im wandering if the clubs will order the vaccine. This Oxford one can be mass produced quickly and can be stored in the fridge.

I dont think there would be an outcry like there was with the tests and PPE etc as they wont be denying the public in this instance.

They should have to wait their turn like everyone else.

Footballers aren't special, they work in the leisure/entertainment industry.

Mostly under 30, mostly with no significant medical conditions (kopite asthma plague apart) and therefore should be way down the list for vaccination.

But we all know money talks.

They should have to wait their turn like everyone else.

Footballers aren't special, they work in the leisure/entertainment industry.

Mostly under 30, mostly with no significant medical conditions (kopite asthma plague apart) and therefore should be way down the list for vaccination.

But we all know money talks.
Point well made. Once 'the vulnerable' are deemed to be vaccinated, I fully expect the Oxford and other vaccines that don't require excessive freezing to be available commercially. Unpleasant as it will be, you'll be able to get your shots in Boots or from your GP for a fee later this year I expect. Within that, clubs/employers may also offer to their staff on a voluntary basis.
Yes, this will mean the 'richer' part of the world will be getting it and likely for a cheap price before the developing world but that is the way it has always been. As you put it, money talks. Once mass production is available, this will happen.

wouldnt take long to vaccinate a whole team would it, what like a hour

just charge them through the nose

everyones a winner

The most scandalous thing in the world to me is that there isn't a plan already in place. The season should have NEVER started without clear and explicit "this is what is going to happen if X happens, this is going to happen if Y happens, this is what is going to happen if J happens, etc". How can anyone look at this and not think this is a total farce is beyond me. The fact that they are just now "discussing a break" at this point, it should have been decided when they decided to restart in May.

Status
Not open for further replies.