Will the season get halted amid the new COVID-19 spike?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be a last resort. They were too ambitious with the number of games. If memory serves the only changes they made was abolishing the league cup semi final second leg and FA cup replays. International football should have been binned for a season and the league cup should have been sacrificed

I know it’s only a what’s app doing the rounds, but is the story of Kyle Walkers party over Xmas true ?
Party in London and 19 Prem players went, 11 tested positive so far ??

I know it’s only a what’s app doing the rounds, but is the story of Kyle Walkers party over Xmas true ?
Party in London and 19 Prem players went, 11 tested positive so far ??

I also read that but my initial reaction is, because of his last indiscretion during lockdown with the brass, I think it's yet another (and easy,) made up rumour.

Would be a last resort. They were too ambitious with the number of games. If memory serves the only changes they made was abolishing the league cup semi final second leg and FA cup replays. International football should have been binned for a season and the league cup should have been sacrificed

I also like Champs League format last year. Worked well.

Thats really not good.

It's over two rounds of testing - they tested over 800 more than they did last week.

28 in the first round (before the weekend), 12 in the second round.

Also still limited to a small number of clubs.
  • Round 17: 21-27 Dec - 1,479 tested with 18 testing positive.
  • Round 18: 28 Dec - 3 Jan - 2,295 tested with 40 testing positive
Also, a fair whack of the 40 positive tests will be players that tested positive in the previous round of testing, too - so they aren't all 'new' cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.