Will the season get halted amid the new COVID-19 spike?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most scandalous thing in the world to me is that there isn't a plan already in place. The season should have NEVER started without clear and explicit "this is what is going to happen if X happens, this is going to happen if Y happens, this is what is going to happen if J happens, etc". How can anyone look at this and not think this is a total farce is beyond me. The fact that they are just now "discussing a break" at this point, it should have been decided when they decided to restart in May.
Its been denied that any talks about a break have even happened, while no club has even put the thought forward for a break

Its been denied that any talks about a break have even happened, while no club has even put the thought forward for a break
I think there is a strong argument for the fans to be barred from matches again whilst the infection rate is so high, but this will happen anyway as more regions go into tiers 3 & 4, which is inevitable.

However I don't believe having a break in the football will achieve a great deal. There is already a strict testing regime employed in the professional game, and the people involved are, on the whole young and very fit, so anybody who does contract the disease is unlikely to add to the burden on the NHS.

But also the televised football does provide the general population with a lot of respite from the pandemic and the shut down restrictions. I think it will be a mistake to suspend the league.

The government have just announced that the season WILL get halted due to the spike in COVID cases, but not until Everton FC reach a points total that guarantees their entry into European competition. Everton will also be fined and deducted points. No reason was given for the fact that Everton alone will be fined and deducted points, but the governments new minister for football, a mr Kenneth King muttered something in Scottish. political,observers are still having it translated!

The government have just announced that the season WILL get halted due to the spike in COVID cases, but not until Everton FC reach a points total that guarantees their entry into European competition. Everton will also be fined and deducted points. No reason was given for the fact that Everton alone will be fined and deducted points, but the governments new minister for football, a mr Kenneth King muttered something in Scottish. political,observers are still having it translated!

Spurs/ Fulham game now in doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.