Why do Everton support StubHub?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are several very good reasons why some ST holders cannot get to many games and, on occasion, none at all in a season. These reasons may be short to medium term (ie may be for 12 months ahead) but longer term they do not want to lose the seat they have sat in for years and will return to it. In such cases stubhub, or whatever system is in place, provides the perfect answer.
We currently have to do this with one ticket and we price it by dividing the actual cost by 19 + a fiver for the selling costs. Some lucky person will be able to buy a derby ticket at less than face value.
Stubhub is easy and reliable and protects the purchaser. I set the price, I can alter the price and the class of ticket is there to see before payment is taken. I believe anyone is able to 'upgrade' a concession to an adult or whatever via the club when tickets are picked up.
We all want to believe our fans are special but we have the same number of unscrupulous people as any other club. The answer is not to buy over priced tickets - asking £200 or whatever for a big match ticket is not such a great idea when you're still holding it in your hand at 5 past kickoff.

How on Earth can you claim it's not possible to attend 1-> 5 matches in a season?

Unless you are long term serious illness there is no justification whatsoever for what you are saying.

You're buying a season ticket with no intention of using it.

You should have it taken away from you. Unless there is a very good reason for not attending a single game over 9 months!

You also haven't 'been sat in' a seat for years if you're not actually going to games!

I have a ST I live In Dubai.

Luckily my work allows me to travel relatively frequently and I managed to get home for 7 home games last season.

My ST card is kept with a mate in town (ST holder in a different part of the ground) and if nobody we know asks for it I list it on Stub Hub for about 32/35 pound. I think my ST works out at 27 pound a game and with the fee on top it's in that range. It's still a Lot cheaper than walk up sales for the buyer and a far better seat that what's available.

I'm not sure why stub hub can't stop people listing higher than actual club price. Most online forms won't let you submit unless the fields are correct, but as stub hub earn a percentage on the transaction why would they?

It's time for the club to squeeze stub hub and be serious about investigating repeat offenders.

There are several very good reasons why some ST holders cannot get to many games and, on occasion, none at all in a season. These reasons may be short to medium term (ie may be for 12 months ahead) but longer term they do not want to lose the seat they have sat in for years and will return to it.

Such as being In prison and will return to it when they get out ?
Can understand some who lives away but if it's a local it's a bit strange.

Do the club limit how many you can sell a season ? Maximum of 8 or something like that I think would be OK

What would be good is losing one loyalty points off your client record every time you sell a ticket on StubHub

Hi @bizzaro, thanks for the detailed response and making my brain fall out of my head this early on a Sunday morning mate :Blink:

I obviously interpreted the T&Cs differently, the way it is worded, to me anyway, seems to relate statements A) through E) to clause (iii) only. But I'm only reading it as a layman. You're using some very big words so I'm assuming you know what you're talking about lol

Hi @bizzaro, thanks for the detailed response and making my brain fall out of my head this early on a Sunday morning mate :Blink:

I obviously interpreted the T&Cs differently, the way it is worded, to me anyway, seems to relate statements A) through E) to clause (iii) only. But I'm only reading it as a layman. You're using some very big words so I'm assuming you know what you're talking about lol

No worries.

I spend most of these days attacking and defending wording in contracts and the like.

If they wished to exclude Stub Hub from that pro rata exchange condition - they would normally have an explicit exclusion clause.

Key thing is: why are non pro rata prices being listed on Stub Hub

At all?

When this is strictly against Everton's season ticket T&Cs

No worries.

I spend most of these days attacking and defending wording in contracts and the like.

If they wished to exclude Stub Hub from that pro rata exchange condition - they would normally have an explicit exclusion clause.

Key thing is: why are non pro rata prices being listed on Stub Hub

At all?

When this is strictly against Everton's season ticket T&Cs

upload_2017-8-20_12-23-46.png

Just had another look at para 5.4. If clauses (A) through (E) were relevant to (ii) as well as (iii), then why does (A) state that the Guest must be "known to the Purchaser (STH) personally"? Obviously if you sell through StubHub you will have no idea who the buyer is. That's why to me, (A) through (E) is only relevant when selling privately to a Guest.

COME AT ME BRUH! lol

View attachment 39870

Just had another look at para 5.4. If clauses (A) through (E) were relevant to (ii) as well as (iii), then why does (A) state that the Guest must be "known to the Purchaser (STH) personally"? Obviously if you sell through StubHub you will have no idea who the buyer is. That's why to me, (A) through (E) is only relevant when selling privately to a Guest.

COME AT ME BRUH! lol

Because the exchange is taking place between the season ticket holder and guest under paragraph (D) friend.

Which is a separate paragraph.

That still does not remove the 'pro rata' clause in (D)

(A) simply is like transferring a ticket to a family member without reimbursement which is relatively common.

They refer to any natural person as a 'Guest' as that is a useful catch-all term. Guest is used to help distinguish the natural person that to whom the ticket is transferred versus the 'Purchaser' who originally bought the Season Ticket.

You need to read it as 5.4 introduction -> (ii) second mechanism of ticket transfer -> (C) and (D) and (E).

Thats how the paragraph should be read.

For transfer to a family member at home:

5.4 Introduction -> (iii) third mechanism of ticket transfer -> (A) (B) and (C) and (E)

There is an argument as to if a purchaser really needs 'written permission from the club' for either transfer. That point is probably YES. But not enforced unless there is problems with the 'Guest' who attends the game. Might lead to the Season Ticket being lost/withdrawn by the club for a breach of the T&Cs or ground regulations.

There is some argument any transaction over Stub Hub does have (i) written permission of the club. As it is using the official channels. The club has access to Seller and Buyer details.

But the way this paragraph is written: means that the club have responsibilities to ensure that (D) clauses are being enforced.

Last edited:
Queued for an hour earlier for my ticket. Only missed the first few minutes of the game but there were still hundreds of people behind waiting.

Despite buying tickets that were "adult" class on both Stubhub and on the email confirmation, one turned out to be a young adult ticket.

I even showed the lad at the counter the email proving that I had bought the correct tickets, but he said to "be more careful when buying a ticket to not buy the wrong class".. lol

Not impressed at all.

After the above post, I contacted the club to voice my displeasure over the poor experience I had at the Stoke game because of the issue with tickets.

Emailing Robert Elstone directly was a long shot but he actually responded very quickly forwarding my concerns to the head of customer service. He gets a lot of grief from our fans but I was impressed by how he handled this.

The head of customer service has offered a couple of free tickets for any home game this season to make up for it all. I thought that overall the club were fantastic to deal with and they've really gone the extra mile to make up for the inconvenience that day.

Hopefully this doesn't happen again for any fans but it's good to see the club showing how brilliant they are once more.

After the above post, I contacted the club to voice my displeasure over the poor experience I had at the Stoke game because of the issue with tickets.

Emailing Robert Elstone directly was a long shot but he actually responded very quickly forwarding my concerns to the head of customer service. He gets a lot of grief from our fans but I was impressed by how he handled this.

The head of customer service has offered a couple of free tickets for any home game this season to make up for it all. I thought that overall the club were fantastic to deal with and they've really gone the extra mile to make up for the inconvenience that day.

Hopefully this doesn't happen again for any fans but it's good to see the club showing how brilliant they are once more.

Fair play to the club & to you mate. Easy to hide behind T&Cs, taking responsibility for a poor experience is the right answer. Many rights and wrongs regarding the Stubhub debate - whether commercial or moral - but pleased you took the time to post the response from the club on your situation. Hope the game you attend sees a Blues win!

If you dont pick the Derby and sell them to 2 kopites for 2k each are you even a blue?

COYB

Fair play to the club & to you mate. Easy to hide behind T&Cs, taking responsibility for a poor experience is the right answer. Many rights and wrongs regarding the Stubhub debate - whether commercial or moral - but pleased you took the time to post the response from the club on your situation. Hope the game you attend sees a Blues win!

They definitely took it upon themselves to make up for it. To be honest I just wanted to let the club know how poor the situation was that day but fair play to them for the gesture.

I thought it was only fair to post the great effort they made especially after my previous post slating them for it all.

If you dont pick the Derby and sell them to 2 kopites for 2k each are you even a blue?

COYB

It's actually the only game they can't offer the tickets for!

Status
Not open for further replies.