Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Newcastle yesterday looked hungry and good value for beating Leeds. And that Leeds outift are better than our bunch of losers.

Moshiri et al need to be shifting heaven and earth to give us a boost for that game by sorting a new manager out.
You've no opinion on Kovac Dave?

If it meant waiting for a couple of weeks for the right man would you? Or is just getting a man in to avoid Dunc the over riding objective now?

The press conference on Friday was hilarious - a questioner pointed out he'd worked under 6 different managers at Everton - his eyes narrowed as he anticipated the logical conclusion to that question...which unfortunately never came.

He KNOWS he is guilty by association x6.

He's just hard faced and hoping desperately a job like this falls into his lap.

He shouldn't even be here.
Unsworth needs to go as well

Newcastle yesterday looked hungry and good value for beating Leeds. And that Leeds outift are better than our bunch of losers.

Moshiri et al need to be shifting heaven and earth to give us a boost for that game by sorting a new manager out.
Newcastle could well have strengthened the team as well by the time that game arrives

Fans moan about Kenwright and jobs for the boys yet anyone related to the club in anyway is automatically listed as a good option.

If Rooney had no connection to EFC no one would want the bugger.
I don't want him,great player but he could and should have been even better if he had looked after himself,think he would bring a load of "baggage"with him and could only see it ending in tears.

Lampard aint the right man for this club mate.

I would steer club of British managers in general these days whens the last time a British manager won stuff must be SAF surely?
Brendan Rodgers? Technically northern Irish though rather than British.

Edit. Caught up and seen Rodgers has been pointed out.

I don't think Kovac is the right fit and were shouldn't be anywhere near Mourinho.

I honestly would rather have Rooney.

And I'm not sure Dunc is tactically astute enough yet to keep us up. There are not three worst teams than us atm

There are definitely 3 worse teams than us.

I think we just need to find the right way to play and have confidence in it.

It's not that they're not good enough.

But Mourinho is past it. He's a slightly better Benitez, who'd be more even more expensive. He's exactly what we should be getting away from, surely??

Kovac - look, I liked his Frankfurt team. I watched a lot of them for work. But he almost had lightning in a bottle there too. He went to Bayern and they were pretty bog standard. He fell out with all the players because he dropped Muller for no reason. There were genuine concerns that they would finish bottom half if they didn't sack him. They did sack him and that team went on to win 6 trophies in 12 months under Flick.

I don't know much about his time at Monaco. Got them playing well last season but then they dropped off this year. Maybe he was harshly sacked.

But he's not a great man manager, he's not that amazing tactically. I don't know... maybe he would be the right fit in the summer, but definitely not now I don't think. and I think he'd be another manager that it'd turn sour under quickly.

Kovac would be such a negative appointment.

Take a look at that Monaco squad he had in the summer and imagine boring football and player regression.

I think he was punted when they were 6th but really he should have had them on the heels of PSG.

Fans moan about Kenwright and jobs for the boys yet anyone related to the club in anyway is automatically listed as a good option.

If Rooney had no connection to EFC no one would want the bugger.

Your way off there.

If we appointed Cahill as DOF and Rooney as manager then thats two ex Everton players who are extreme football men.

At 36 and 42 both are very young for the roles and yet could in theory be in place for the next 20 years.

Having that long term focus and gradual improvement in quality throughout the club season on season should be exactly what were looking for.

If either of them failed then thats their careers over and I highly doubt they would take failure lightly.

Two winners to come into the club and a change of attitude and direction.

We talk about Ashworth and Potter (and i rate both highly) but these could be far suprerior together.

There are definitely 3 worse teams than us.

I think we just need to find the right way to play and have confidence in it.

Kovac would be such a negative appointment.

Take a look at that Monaco squad he had in the summer and imagine boring football and player regression.

I think he was punted when they were 6th but really he should have had them on the heels of PSG.

Your way off there.

If we appointed Cahill as DOF and Rooney as manager then thats two ex Everton players who are extreme football men.

At 36 and 42 both are very young for the roles and yet could in theory be in place for the next 20 years.

Having that long term focus and gradual improvement in quality throughout the club season on season should be exactly what were looking for.

If either of them failed then thats their careers over and I highly doubt they would take failure lightly.

Two winners to come into the club and a change of attitude and direction.

We talk about Ashworth and Potter (and i rate both highly) but these could be far suprerior together.

Kovac is a better manager than Wayne Rooney pal

Northern Ireland is British.
Technically it's not. Great Britain is the island of England, Wales and Scotland. Northern Ireland is part of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. It is also part of 'Ireland' with the Republic of Ireland. They are then both included in the British Isles.

Kovac - look, I liked his Frankfurt team. I watched a lot of them for work. But he almost had lightning in a bottle there too. He went to Bayern and they were pretty bog standard. He fell out with all the players because he dropped Muller for no reason. There were genuine concerns that they would finish bottom half if they didn't sack him. They did sack him and that team went on to win 6 trophies in 12 months under Flick.

I don't know much about his time at Monaco. Got them playing well last season but then they dropped off this year. Maybe he was harshly sacked.

But he's not a great man manager, he's not that amazing tactically. I don't know... maybe he would be the right fit in the summer, but definitely not now I don't think. and I think he'd be another manager that it'd turn sour under quickly.
I mean, going from 3rd to 6th with half a year remaining isn't the worst thing in the world, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.