Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
His pre-match interviews gave the game away: it wasn't the system that was spluttering, it was the passion to make it work...and that's where he came in: "Mr Passion", to inject the required level of commitment.

Utter bunkum from a con man masquerading as a football coach.
I don't think Ferguson looked up for it at all. To me he appeared to be going through the motions knowing he was on his way. Maybe he's been told he has no chance of the gig and his heart wasn't really in it. Only he knows. IMHO we need a good technical director in first to select a new coach without any interference from Board or owner. Good luck with that!

Lampard aint the right man for this club mate.

I would steer club of British managers in general these days whens the last time a British manager won stuff must be SAF surely?
We won't be winning anything anytime soon just want us to have some sort of playing style maybe Lampard could do that . Don't get me wrong he is not my choice but I think the most likely.

Personally I don't care much about a manager if they're good.

Benitez wasn't good so it's why the appointment was just stupid.

He got criticism because he was crap, not because he's a red. But the fact he was rubbish meant all that other stuff mattered because that's football.

I don't really understand the Klopp point though. More chance of me being our next boss lol

So Jose Mourinho or Niko Kovac is not good enough but Wayne Rooney is
It's not that they're not good enough.

But Mourinho is past it. He's a slightly better Benitez, who'd be more even more expensive. He's exactly what we should be getting away from, surely??

Kovac - look, I liked his Frankfurt team. I watched a lot of them for work. But he almost had lightning in a bottle there too. He went to Bayern and they were pretty bog standard. He fell out with all the players because he dropped Muller for no reason. There were genuine concerns that they would finish bottom half if they didn't sack him. They did sack him and that team went on to win 6 trophies in 12 months under Flick.

I don't know much about his time at Monaco. Got them playing well last season but then they dropped off this year. Maybe he was harshly sacked.

But he's not a great man manager, he's not that amazing tactically. I don't know... maybe he would be the right fit in the summer, but definitely not now I don't think. and I think he'd be another manager that it'd turn sour under quickly.

So Jose Mourinho or Niko Kovac is not good enough but Wayne Rooney is

Mourinho is currently not good enough to improve an average PL side. He is a long way past his best. He would last 18 months tops. He would cause a lot of issues in terms of structure and board room politics and he would cost a fortune.

Kovac could be, it's hard to say. Rooney could be, it's hard to say.

I don't think Ferguson looked up for it at all. To me he appeared to be going through the motions knowing he was on his way. Maybe he's been told he has no chance of the gig and his heart wasn't really in it. Only he knows. IMHO we need a good technical director in first to select a new coach without any interference from Board or owner. Good luck with that!
Ferguson before the game letting it be known that Ancelotti thought he was "ready". Standing rounds for supporters.

He wants the job on the sly, no question. If the club fall for this con merchant they deserve to be relegated.

It would certainly be a jolt if the new manager made it clear Ferguson wasn't to be included on the staff.
And THAT is exactly what this club requires.

Because he and the rest of the coaches will undermine another manager.

The galloot has got his chance by undermining successive managers when he really should have been held responsible with them and punted years ago.

I don't think Kovac is the right fit and were shouldn't be anywhere near Mourinho.

I honestly would rather have Rooney.

And I'm not sure Dunc is tactically astute enough yet to keep us up. There are not three worst teams than us atm

Its hard to say what manager will be good for us as with the structure of the club being up in the air its difficult to suggest a manager to come in who will sort the squad out whilst dealing with things a DOF/recruitment would normally deal with.

Ultimately we need another Moyes imo but how many managers out there have what he did when he first rocked up here?

Status
Not open for further replies.