Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do fans think 433 has to be a progressive/possesion based?

You can play a 3-man midfield and still be absolutely dogged. It just gives your defence a bit of protection, allows Doucoure to actually do what he's good at and means we have a proper front three.

People should go watch Ligue 1 games where most teams play 433 and see how it can be played.

We really need Duncan to get us safe as soon as possible - not only to keep us up, but to allow the club more options in picking the new manager. Mancini could be available in March, for example, if Italy are beaten by Portugal in the World Cup. His stock would be surprisingly low if this occurs, but he would be a fantastic choice for us. It's a long shot, of course, but Duncan needs to get points on the board for reasons other than us staying up. The medium term future of the club - not just short term - depends on it.

Very hypothetical.

Personally maybe - id think about it becausehes clearly elite. But Objectively no, because it was cause lots of division and thats hurting us all. We need common purpose and unity.

Don't think we'll have to worry about it though lol
Personally I don't care much about a manager if they're good.

Benitez wasn't good so it's why the appointment was just stupid.

Rodgers won an FA Cup last season tbf

Yeah true forget about Todgers sorry! although for him he seems to have a good 2-3 seasons at a club then it starts going downhill (you're starting to see the Leicester slide now). Once Vardy loses that yard of pace I think they'll hit a stumbling block with him.

Kovac/Mourinho in the summer for me with Dunc until the seasons end to steer us to 15th safety.

Obviously, I meant to say luck. For a while now, we’ve been setup to play with width yet our options out wide are currently far from effective.
Yep and all of the creativity has to come from the flanks. It's disturbing. But people bought into it in the summer for some reason

Why do fans think 433 has to be a progressive/possesion based?

You can play a 3-man midfield and still be absolutely dogged. It just gives your defence a bit of protection, allows Doucoure to actually do what he's good at and means we have a proper front three.

People should go watch Ligue 1 games where most teams play 433 and see how it can be played.
The problem is we rarely have 3 central midfielders fully fit

I remember when we hired Martinez though, everyone knew there’d been interviews with Neville, Stubbs, Weir and someone else (I can’t remember) plus Martinez. I just don’t see other clubs compiling shortlists like this and making them public to the media, whereas according to reports everyone knows that at least Lampard and probably Rooney have had interviews.
It can range from a text via an agent to a sit-down meeting with Bill and Denise. Lots of looseness in the media when reporting.

The bigger problem at Everton is almost certainly the lack of clear process rather than the amount of candidates and interviews. As you have alluded to in other posts there is no silver bullet candidate.

That would justify a wide-ranging search but by the same token, if they don't know what type of manager they are looking for, and the evidence of the last six years is there to support that, then they can't sort the wheat from the chaff.

Yeah true forget about Todgers sorry! although for him he seems to have a good 2-3 seasons at a club then it starts going downhill (you're starting to see the Leicester slide now). Once Vardy loses that yard of pace I think they'll hit a stumbling block with him.

Kovac/Mourinho in the summer for me with Dunc until the seasons end to steer us to 15th safety.
I don't think Kovac is the right fit and were shouldn't be anywhere near Mourinho.

I honestly would rather have Rooney.

And I'm not sure Dunc is tactically astute enough yet to keep us up. There are not three worst teams than us atm

Status
Not open for further replies.