Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if they had any idea of making Duncan manager they would have done so by now.
He could have been appointed until the end of the season and then review what route they would like to take.
It looks as if they want a full time manager asap and I think it will be Lampard or Rooney if agreement could be reached with them.

I would largely ignore the links to the several managers we have been linked with. There have been a couple of names that are mentioned every time, a couple that would be popular with the media and a few that would appear to be obvious targets like Potter, Lampard and Rooney. Last time we were appointing NES if you believed the reports and RB came relatively late largely because most believed it would never happen.
I think it prudent to enquire about the availability of a number of managers that may be of interest.
The media rank them in order of favourite but we have no idea if they are correct.

Yeahi I get that Kovac doesn't have the stupid PL experience but they fail to mention that none of the top managers in this league did when they came in.
Joke mate, the premier League top 9 as it stands now all have managers who are first time managing in this league with their clubs, with the exception of Moyes and Conte

And Conte won the league in his first season Witt Chelsea in this league.

Absolute myth this proven in the premier League crap, decent managers can manage in any league

I’ve just clocked who is leading the poll and I can only conclude that on the balance of things as a fan base we don’t have a clue.
I voted Kovac and would hold my hand up and say I don’t have a clue. It’s not my job to really.

My vote went there though as it seems to represent a none insular, job for the boys approach and rather going for someone with technical merit and recent sustained success.

Could be a different name but I want us to be looking wider than lads who have recently played for us, managed us or know the area. Also avoid dinosaurs on the downward spiral such as Mourinho and Benítez.

Yeahi I get that Kovac doesn't have the stupid PL experience but they fail to mention that none of the top managers in this league did when they came in.
The whole article is bizarre, they obviously decided who should come out on top and then retrofitted the scores. They also used the GoT poll as a gauge of how popular certain appointments would be but then said it didn't seem representative of the fan base!

It will be interesting to see how Ferguson and Baines do this weekend - the last time they become almost like cup games -
old-fashioned cup games where the team is desperate to win and tactics barely come into it.
Any wins right now would be fine by me. Only really need another 4/5 and a few draws and can focus on sorting ourselves out for next season so a little bounce with a couple of wins in next few games would be great.

Whoever comes in I don’t want them to be dragged into a situation where if things go badly wrong we cling on to them for too long like we have with Benitez.

Having said that I’m not sure anyone who comes in can be as bad as that.

Whoever comes in I don’t want them to be dragged into a situation where if things go badly wrong we cling on to them for too long like we have with Benitez.

Having said that I’m not sure anyone who comes in can be as bad as that.
Don't agree with you there

We had to sack Benítez as he was the wrong man from start

But nothing wrong with giving a new manager time to get over a bad run

Look at the way Arteta started last season and since then he's been decent enough (not saying he's been great but since that dreadful first half of last season they've had top 4 form)

Don't agree with you there

We had to sack Benítez as he was the wrong man from start

But nothing wrong with giving a new manager time to get over a bad run

Look at the way Arteta started last season and since then he's been decent enough (not saying he's been great but since that dreadful first half of last season they've had top 4 form)
Sorry just to make it clear, if the new manager comes in goes on a run of 6 points from 39, he needs to be sacked well before then - say when you lose 5-2 at home to a fellow relegation candidate.

Like I said, I cant believe anyone would approach those level of results.

Status
Not open for further replies.