Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alternatively, Martinez had just won the FA cup with Wigan, giving us a hiding in the process.

Koeman had seemed for nearly two years to build on the good work Poch did at Soton.

Allardyce - not saying anything in his defence.

Watford were flying till we approached Silva and he showed an interest, after which his team downed tools.

Carlo (in the previous 10 years) had won the double with Chelsea, Champions League with Real, league with PSG and Bayern, and, by the way, has the 5th highest win percentage of all Everton managers in history.

Rafael had undeniably good stints at Chelsea, Real and Napoli and his win % at Newcastle was very good in context.

None of them bar Allardyce were obvious duds, even though I wouldn't have chosen four of them.
Chelsea had won the champions league the season before. He won them the europa league. I'd argue that's a downward trajectory.

His win % at newcastle was good because he got relegated with them and was good in the championship. His win % in he PL with them was much worse.

In his defence, he has spent about ten years next to high profile managers in the dug out, training, team briefs, selections everything. They have kept him on so he must have been doing the right things. There is no way these dudes keep him other wise (please dont anyone start with BK and his insistence that he comes with the job).
Carlo wanted to take him to Real Madrid according to reports.

Alternatively, Martinez had just won the FA cup with Wigan, giving us a hiding in the process.

Koeman had seemed for nearly two years to build on the good work Poch did at Soton.

Allardyce - not saying anything in his defence.

Watford were flying till we approached Silva and he showed an interest, after which his team downed tools.

Carlo (in the previous 10 years) had won the double with Chelsea, Champions League with Real, league with PSG and Bayern, and, by the way, has the 5th highest win percentage of all Everton managers in history.

Rafael had undeniably good stints at Chelsea, Real and Napoli and his win % at Newcastle was very good in context.

None of them bar Allardyce were obvious duds, even though I wouldn't have chosen four of them.
Things started to go downhill for Silva at Watford before we came in for him mate, also he had failed at Hull don't forget, so 2 previous PL failures essentially. Also Benitez was only at Real for 6 months then got sacked because the players hated him and whilst he was at Newcastle his win % was 42% overall and if broken down he lost nearly as much as he had won - something like won 62, lost 53.

For the record one of the 12 on Martinez is me but its more a vote for who i think it WILL be and not necessarily who i want

…don’t worry. After the way you idolised Benitez and criticised decent Evertonians for rightly voicing their concern, I don’t think we’ll be taking much notice of who you think it will be or who you want it to be.

In his defence, he has spent about ten years next to high profile managers in the dug out, training, team briefs, selections everything. They have kept him on so he must have been doing the right things. There is no way these dudes keep him other wise (please dont anyone start with BK and his insistence that he comes with the job).
They kept him because he’s a blue

I think it says more the fact he turned it down (if it's even true) Why the hell would you stay here when you can go and work with the best players in the world.
I hadn't even heard that rumour but I'd never criticise anyone for that type of decision if they made it if this is his home and he's settled and the wife and kids are happy then its only a job at the end of the day.

I think it says more the fact he turned it down (if it's even true) Why the hell would you stay here when you can go and work with the best players in the world.
There is nothing wrong with liking your job/ place of work etc. His family are here, he may have run it past mrs Dunc and she said shed rather stay. Who knows.

Edit: Seems the poster above agrees,

We lost.

As said: trajectory downward.

Imagine what 19 games looks like. We'd win a few then be flatlining - and that is a waste of time. We need a new manager in. It's half a season. If it were the last 6/7 games I'd see the point of an "interim".
Surely we need to give him the whole season and let him bring in his own players and have no injuries to deal with before we can judge. He wasn't even given 1.7 mil to spend. He should get all the caveats you were happy to give a Kopite.

…don’t worry. After the way you idolised Benitez and criticised decent Evertonians for rightly voicing their concern, I don’t think we’ll be taking much notice of who you think it will be or who you want it to be.
Which is why you just replied to me .....

No mate, no manager is being told he has to have so and so as their assistant or they don't get the job. I mean really, Carlo?? Koeman ?? No effin chance, they hold all the cards
This. Someone of Carlos stature in football, isn't being told you have to keep this bloke you've never heard of on the touchline.

Carlo likely saw the boost he had given the players and fans in those 4 games, and thought, he will be a good intermediary while I work things out. Once we were safe and got to the summer, he would have seen what Dunc offers and if he was useless, would have got rid of him then.

Status
Not open for further replies.