Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they should bin the lot , board and backroom staff ,the lot .If they won't get someone in that will .
I read yesterday that Cahill is getting a job .
WTF is happening ,getting rid of the scapegoat Brands ,selling Digne and then sacking the guy who did it ? Scattergun is not enough to explain because you at least have to point that in the right direction . I think Moshiri is spinning out of control as much as the team ,he needs to grow a pair and get out of team/managerial selection.Tell him to put his toys away and go back on his boat .
This mentality the team has has been there for a long time and I believe it is encrusted in the walls ,too many "mates " giving jobs to " mates "and not caring for our team,just themselves .

Give it to Lampard. He succeeded with young players in a season of proper football, after losing his best player during a transfer ban.

Yeah he made some mistakes but so do all young managers. I'd expect him to be better equipped now than he was, and he did well in both his first 2 jobs.

And we need to stop with the Tuchel comparison. Of course he's not as good as Tuchel. There's only about 3 or 4 people in the world who are better. And what happenned last year wasn't real football, it shouldn't be seen as that important. Like we won at Anfield, Tottenham and the Emirates lol

17/18- 40 points
18/19- 36 points
19/20- 41 points
20/21- 41 points

Thats not what id call improvement to be honest... and this year, give it the full season, they have won 2 in 15 and have had the fans booing the side.

Wilder 13/14 saved Northampton from relegation. 14/15 midtable. 15/16 promotion. 16/17 (Sheffield United, sixth attempt at promotion) Champions league 1, 17/18 mid table championship, 18/19 champions, 19/20 top half in the premier league before the pandemic. Now he is taking Boro to the premier league.

That is consistant improvement of teams
he started managing them in 19/20 season
Improvement, sustained and now so far improvement again
Again...easy check

You'd have to assume Martinez is one and probably Ferguson so all in all not the most exciting shortlist in the world and seems to be just people with phone numbers they've got saved.
Doubt one is Martinez, they would just give him the job and not bother with the interviews. Plus it would suggest an agreement had been made with Belgium otherwise

He was doing alright at Chelsea until they chucked 200mil at him and he bought a load of big players, too much too soon for him I should think. He'd be fine here, with our average squad

Players he bought went on to win the CL so not like he can't identify talent.

Just a little bit too soon for me, did a good job when they couldn't invest, just then they invested and expectations naturally went higher and they didnt hit the ground running from the off.

CE8B200F-BC84-4362-AC78-5D2ABCCE63EC.jpeg

I do not understand why the club sacked Benitez WITHOUT having a replacement lined up already.

I'm not saying he should have stayed, but more that IF losing to Norwich was the trigger then surely the distinct possibility of sacking the manager had been on the minds of the board members prior to the Norwich game. If THAT'S the case then surely informal communications must already have taken place with candidates not currently under contract elsewhere, as a minimum?

I find it ridiculously amateur of the club to dither and dawdle over the appointment of a new manager during a transfer window.

PS absolute "no" to Martinez. Shouldn't even be considered a candidate. And is Lampard even actually a manager? He achieved absolutely nothing at Chelsea, a wealthier club with a far stronger squad, and has since sat on his backside doing nothing remotely related to management or coaching.

Players he bought went on to win the CL so not like he can't identify talent.

Just a little bit too soon for me, did a good job when they couldn't invest, just then they invested and expectations naturally went higher and they didnt hit the ground running from the off.
Absolutely, his record is tarnished by this period, he had done well until then. Remember Kendal and SAF were both close to the sack before coming good.

Status
Not open for further replies.