Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought Martinez had a whole lot more class than anybody since (except Ancelotti, before he ran away) - but he had his own stubborn blind spot which was defence - and we've never looked right since - not all his fault of course.

Benitez has been that bad that I look back fondly on Allardyces grinding 8th-place football.
He was a great person but not good really as a manager. He prioritized possession above everything else and we never really had any shots. He doesn't need to focus on defending with Belgium, and, with the talent they have they should have won something by now.

Souness even saying that his style of play would not be one that Evertonian's would ever enjoy.

Stubbs rightly ruling out brown shoes

Roberto Martinez on…Gareth Barry
* “I have never seen a player with such an incredible professionalism and standards as Gareth Barry. For me he is one of the best English players ever.”

Roberto Martinez on…Tom Cleverley
* “I think you do not have a better English player. Technically, he is as good as you get. The way he executes, how he reads the game, for me he is one of the most sensational you are going to see in Premier League history. I wouldn’t sell him for any money in the current market.”

Roberto Martinez on…accidental transfer requests
“With John, it’s very easy because he’s a pristine professional. Obviously he’s been put under massive, massive pressure. The transfer request was something he didn’t mean to do.”

All copy and pasted but I thought I'd bring back some phenomenal quotes from the phenomenal man himself x

Seems to be Martinez until the end if the season, the club are asking the Belgian FA for permission for a short term arrangement of some sort - get us to the end of the season and presumably use the time to try and sort out the mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.