Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuno won't last ten mins at goodison.

Everton as a club are not and will never be set up to play side ways patient football. It isn't synonymous with us and is pointless getting someone in who will try it.

Not sure how you watch a Nuno team and think side ways patient football; if anything that's probably exactly why I wouldn't want him. Where he has struggled elsewhere, its because he hasn't been able to transition his team that step ahead from direct, counter attacking football to something more possession-focused.

Goodison might hate how deep Nuno teams drop when they defend, and that they deliberately don't press often high up the pitch - but that's better than what Lampard did (both of them, coached extremely poorly). In fact I'd say the only thing they will like is how direct we will be on the counter.

I think you need someone suited to this squad of players…god knows who that is mind.

Won’t be getting many new signings in to support a new style of play, and it’s clear we don’t have the quality needed to play decent football. If it turns out to be nuno then they’ll obviously play 3 5 2 which I think with the right signings would suit.

I think we need to focus on getting an athletic full back in on loan. I think Spence from spurs would do a job. Get a physical striker in and play him with danjuma then try and find a midfielder to play in a 3.

Pickford

Spence Godfrey Mina tarkowski vinagre

Gana Onana Iwobi

New striker Danjuma

If we can get an upgrade in midfield that would help. I wouldn’t bother playing Gordon or grey , and if still here just have them on the bench for ‘impact’.

If we got a decent midfield in I also wouldn’t be against seeing Iwobi rwb and buying a good left wing back either.

I think you need someone suited to this squad of players…god knows who that is mind.

Won’t be getting many new signings in to support a new style of play, and it’s clear we don’t have the quality needed to play decent football. If it turns out to be nuno then they’ll obviously play 3 5 2 which I think with the right signings would suit.

I think we need to focus on getting an athletic full back in on loan. I think Spence from spurs would do a job. Get a physical striker in and play him with danjuma then try and find a midfielder to play in a 3.

Pickford

Spence Godfrey Mina tarkowski vinagre

Gana Onana Iwobi

New striker Danjuma

If we can get an upgrade in midfield that would help. I wouldn’t bother playing Gordon or grey , and if still here just have them on the bench for ‘impact’.

If we got a decent midfield in I also wouldn’t be against seeing Iwobi rwb and buying a good left wing back either.
Getting a good set piece coach is also key. We have the players to be dangerous from set plays and we don't exactly create a lot from open play.

Nuno won't last ten mins at goodison.

Everton as a club are not and will never be set up to play side ways patient football. It isn't synonymous with us and is pointless getting someone in who will try it.
And here in lies the eternal problem.

We can't attract who we want and we don't want who we can get.

F'k it, bring on the lower leagues, it's where we belong.

I actually think the Aussie managing Celtic would be a good option but I can't see him bailing on them mid-season

He's found some absolute gems from the Japanese league so he thinks outside the box with his signings and likely wouldn't just sign Premier League cast offs and journeymen

He'd also kick the players into shape if they weren't behaving

Not sure what sort of style we'd have, but he'd instil some fight in us if nothing else

Status
Not open for further replies.