Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why all the love for Tedesco? He's hardly pulled up trees in his career so far

There shouldn’t be. However, when you compare him to what we’re currently being linked to, he’d be the best candidate by a mile.

If his name was John Smith, I don’t think there would be the same clamour, however.

There shouldn’t be. However, when you compare him to what we’re currently being linked to, he’d be the best candidate by a mile.

If his name was John Smith, I don’t think there would be the same clamour, however.
TBF just had a quick look and forgot he'd won the cup with RB.

I don’t think there is an obvious successor.

Herein lies the problem for the Everton board.
This is true. Also, if someone else comes in, they have the same weak toothless squad. Unless they revert to battening down the hatches football like at the end of last season, I cant see how we start to get results. Either Frank changes something dramatically, or someone else does.

I've put a pound on Lee Carsley at 20/1. Don't think he'll get it but seems to be a good coach. I think he could be the man to build us back up, if we go down.

I don’t think there is an obvious successor.

Herein lies the problem for the Everton board.

I think there is and the main criteria is that they'll have some link to Everton.

Some big brain thinker at the club who suffers from Kenwright sympathy syndrome will think that someone like that will reunite the fan club with the fans and ultimately the board.

Rooney, Dunc, Carsley, Bilic, Unsworth.

You would've thought they'd already been putting feelers out. It's not like our position has came as a shock-weve been there since November!

Nuno:
  1. Has worked with Thelwell before;
  2. Has excellent connections with 'super agent' Jorge Mendes, who has a track record for bringing above-average players to below-average clubs on extremely iffy deals (which we need, because we've got no cash and the clubs on fire);
  3. Has coached 5 at the back for near his entire career to decent success with clubs of our level (which I add is probably the best formation for our team);
  4. Had a great record with Wolves coaching counter attack football against the big teams, several of whom we still have to play to stay up (seriously, check the fixture list March onwards);
  5. Would jump at the chance to leave the Middle East to come to a Premier League club.
  6. Has brought a team up from the Championship before
I don't like it personally and I can think of at least 3 or 4 options I think I'd rather us go for - but if you think the squad is actually that bad (which I dont), Nuno ticks a lot of boxes.

Lucien Favre stands out out of this lot. Cant see us going for a manager already in a job.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230123-090849_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230123-090849_Chrome.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20230123-090751_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230123-090751_Chrome.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 38

Status
Not open for further replies.