Who sells tickets on Stubhub?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me and my mate regularly sell ours, particularly for games not on a friday night/saturday.

It's a good service.

Sure, some people abuse it but that's for them to live with the shame. (I doubt they have much) the current cap (I believe around 120 quid) is far too high. Opens it right up for abuse.
I tired to sell my Man City ticket cheap, like 20 quid or something, as I knew I had to leave at half time, but no takers.
I've seen fans get tickets for grim night games, such as against WBA for about 8-10 quid.
Like wise the Derby I know people have already sold tickets for the max allowed

Totally incorrect . There are only 7 tickets left dotted about the Upper Visitors section on sale for £48 .
The tickets referred to by the OP are in the Top Balcony. The same thing happened a few times last season and I queried who was selling all these tickets together at the same price. I think its a bit suspicious but the box office told me it was a big family or party of friends ..

There is a row right by me in the top balcony that is either empty or got randomers in there. Wounder if it's the same ones.

Think it's someone who owns them all and can't get to the game very often so sells them at that price. Hopeing that any seats they don't sell are covered by the increase in fees of the other tickets maybe?

I tired to sell my Man City ticket cheap, like 20 quid or something, as I knew I had to leave at half time, but no takers.
I've seen fans get tickets for grim night games, such as against WBA for about 8-10 quid.
We list ours at 30 quid and they usually go (decent spec, a pair together) for that. After stubhub take their cut it's 28.50 refunded, so we're about a quid up after dividing the ST cost by 19.
The pound goes towards flights for the 7/8 games we manage.

Swerve selling the derby ticket on there. Couldn't take the chance of selling it to a kopite.

We list ours at 30 quid and they usually go (decent spec, a pair together) for that. After stubhub take their cut it's 28.50 refunded, so we're about a quid up after dividing the ST cost by 19.
The pound goes towards flights for the 7/8 games we manage.
The admin fees are harsh.

I've sold other event tickets on there and I always add it onto the cost to cover it.

The admin fees are harsh.

I've sold other event tickets on there and I always add it onto the cost to cover it.
Personally I think the fee is just about bearable. Without StubHub, my ST would be pretty pricey.

My hope is that when we are playing at Bramley Moore and all seats and unobstructed, the club will take re-sale of unused season tickets back inhouse. Man City do it, if you can't use your ST, you let the ticket office know and if it's sold, they will credit it towards the following seasons' renewal. (Hopefully, the ambitious folks are right and 52k IS too small and I can still shift it)

Personally I think the fee is just about bearable. Without StubHub, my ST would be pretty pricey.

My hope is that when we are playing at Bramley Moore and all seats and unobstructed, the club will take re-sale of unused season tickets back inhouse. Man City do it, if you can't use your ST, you let the ticket office know and if it's sold, they will credit it towards the following seasons' renewal. (Hopefully, the ambitious folks are right and 52k IS too small and I can still shift it)
Yeah Liverpool also do the in house thing, if the ticket sells they take the price off your next season ticket

Totally incorrect . There are only 7 tickets left dotted about the Upper Visitors section on sale for £48 .
The tickets referred to by the OP are in the Top Balcony. The same thing happened a few times last season and I queried who was selling all these tickets together at the same price. I think its a bit suspicious but the box office told me it was a big family or party of friends ..
Well don’t you think you should be replying to the OP, I took his post in good faith.

I’ve never made a profit on a ticket to a blue and I’ve had plenty of opportunities over the years . I get people want to or have their reasons but personally it just doesn’t sit right with me . If anyone is ever lucky enough to get tickets for the RS and wants to have them off then that’s totally fine by me but fellow blues I just couldn’t .

I’ve never made a profit on a ticket to a blue and I’ve had plenty of opportunities over the years . I get people want to or have their reasons but personally it just doesn’t sit right with me . If anyone is ever lucky enough to get tickets for the RS and wants to have them off then that’s totally fine by me but fellow blues I just couldn’t .
This.

I've also had blues sell me tickets for non football events at face value that they could have proper coined it in on.

I use Stubhub sometimes. I always sell for less than face value BUT I’d make an exception for the derby as you’re likely selling to a Kopite. To avoid this I think the club should insist tickets can only be bought by buyers with an Everton customer number that’s got at least one previous purchase.

EDIT: as for the OP there’s no current large multiples for sale for the Palace game on Stubhub

This.

I've also had blues sell me tickets for non football events at face value that they could have proper coined it in on.

same And ive done it . Had tickets for some big sporting events & one concert and with blues and I couldn’t have them off .

Away European games had blues in boozers try to offer me more than face and told them to behave . To be honest I may have took a pint or two though .

Swerve selling the derby ticket on there. Couldn't take the chance of selling it to a kopite.
Now there's the conflict.
I'm imagining that a RS would pay handsomely for a ticket at inflated prices to see his pride and joy. If that seat was in the Street End any shout of support for the sh1te could be met with a clout.

I use Stubhub sometimes. I always sell for less than face value BUT I’d make an exception for the derby as you’re likely selling to a Kopite. To avoid this I think the club should insist tickets can only be bought by buyers with an Everton customer number that’s got at least one previous purchase.

EDIT: as for the OP there’s no current large multiples for sale for the Palace game on Stubhub
Thing is though they can buy it and sell it outside. Cant see a single Everton fan wanting to buy a ticket for this on StubHub, have to accept there will be kopites everywhere.
I'm use to it as the row in front of me in the Main Stand is owned by a sponsor, every season its red, serious.

Totally agree. I do the same and often give it away. I'm lucky to get to see Real Madrid quite often and would like Everton to adopt their method of selling match day tickets from season ticket holders. They are returned to the club who then sell them online for face value. Everyone wins

Status
Not open for further replies.