Who let Everton/Koeman down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of the Transfer Window, Bill & Elstone should be nowhere near any of the club's business. That's Moshiri's first mistake in my book. The only bright side to it is that he can now turn round in future board meetings and say to either of them, "You really need to stop talking." That's if he hasn't got the gumption to get them off the board altogether.

As to the transfers, it's going to be a nuanced story (which we'll never hear) involving all sorts of derring do, betrayal etc. I do believe that Moshiri may have instructed his underlings to make sure agents knew that we wouldn't be conned - his first window / start as you mean to go on etc.

But, if the targets were as reported, the biggest fault lies with a money man (Moshiri) being hopelessly naive about what modern players are prepared to do. Maybe surprising but, as with all of us, even the most steely businessman can let "fanboyism" cloud his judgment when it comes to his team.

Top quality players in their prime are fussy about 'wasting' some of their best years on an ill defined project and in a location which lacks the glamour / excitement of many other seats of football. And even if they're not too fussed about location, the WAGS probably are.

Sorry, any regime coming in and promising a new dawn better provide one or lose face. That's what's happened.

They are a billionaire outfit full of bravado and instead of getting the job done they made this club a laughing stock last night.

You have to remember that while Moshiri is the single majority shareholder, Blue Bill and his band of merry [Poor language removed] heads still own 51% of the club. They do still technically own the club when put together. Until Moshiri has control over the club, nothing will change, there won't be a "new dawn". I am confident that will happen soon however. But as we speak now, Everton still operates the same as it has for the past 15 years. Of which you've spent a large portion of slating the board.

I'm laughing at the gullible bleeders who believed the rehashed crap and the slight change of tack. They're the laughing stock.
The most galling thing about it is that they crowed about a professionalisation of our operation: DoF's, clearly drawn up plans to seduce top talent into the club, the attraction of a 'top' manager, future vision of the club...then produce a summer that Kenwright would have been hung drawn and quartered for.

No doubt the tea lady or door man will be shuffled forward as the scapegoat by the Echo for them. But those who own and manage this club at all senior levels need to come out and produce a mea culpa.

Koeman failed just as much as anyone else at the club, the class of player we were after to begin with were always going to be reluctant to come to Everton without proof of moving forward. The switch to the level beneath probably took too long and tbh would they have really improved us anyhow?? Perhaps Koeman didn't think so and pulled the plug on the deals.

As people have already mentioned there were named players available that would have come to us had we been interested, such as Hart, Bony, Wilshire, Nasri. Now we can argue about character, fitness, are they actually any good and would they play or not but a few of them being brought in might have changed the perception of the club to others.

I just don't understand why the club failed to see that. Unfortunately we just got rich at the wrong time when almost all clubs can afford to shell out.

I'm more than sure it will get easier as the foundations are properly laid down in the coming months.

Sorry, any regime coming in and promising a new dawn better provide one or lose face. That's what's happened.

They are a billionaire outfit full of bravado and instead of getting the job done they made this club a laughing stock last night.
Listen pal, after your resolute support of a Catalan man who assisted massively in putting EFC 'behind the 8 ball', I wish to bejesus you would just pipe the 'eff' down.
You're a Rumpilstiltskin-like angry meff who clogs up the forum with your blistering nothings

Hmmm... I wonder who let Everton down

image.jpeg

No doubt the tea lady or door man will be shuffled forward as the scapegoat by the Echo for them. But those who own and manage this club at all senior levels need to come out and produce a mean cuppa.

Ah yes - everyone chill and have a good old cuppa tea!

Sometimes little can be achieved from a witchunt/blame game type approach - particularly when so many of the key factors are outside of our control - time for a nice brew and move on!
:coffee::coffee:

The most galling thing about it is that they crowed about a professionalisation of our operation: DoF's, clearly drawn up plans to seduce top talent into the club, the attraction of a 'top' manager, future vision of the club...then produce a summer that Kenwright would have been hung drawn and quartered for.

No doubt the tea lady or door man will be shuffled forward as the scapegoat by the Echo for them. But those who own and manage this club at all senior levels need to come out and produce a mea culpa.

Wow you've made a quick turnaround to being a Kenwright apologist, wasn't expecting that. Does it have anything to do with him being the only board member backing that absolute nipple of a manager we just got shut of who took us from 5th to 13th in 2 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.