Who let Everton/Koeman down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you're just throwing out a number there but I'd actually like to know how many we actually went after rather than how many the press linked us with. People see a name that may or may not have any substance to it & they run with it.
I've been critical of the link between transfers & betting that throws up BS links to squeeze another dollar out of the mug punter, but I think this is a major player in the angst ridden post transfer window fume.
One of the problems like you say is the sky bet/sky sports link,then you have newspapers desperate for clicks,I regularly check the BBC transfer gossip on the BBC website and would love to know how many these newspapers called right

I think it's naive to identify and shame one individual as it's a collective failure for those behind the scenes that we didn't strengthen further.

This isn't one player we've failed to convince but a multitude of individuals over a number of weeks that the Everton project is worthwhile.

Who completed the negotiations? I don't know, yet you'd have hoped the higher echelons would have seen the failings and acted to address them.

Hopefully it'll be a catalyst for change and the lessons learnt will improve negotiations in the future, but knowing Everton it may not.

Perhaps it's knee-jerk and immature yet people are already questioning the stadium due to the transfer problems; it undermines our reputation.

I'm gonna write something to bore anyone who reads it later but ultimately this must be used as a learning curve and ultimatum to those making the transfers. If you're scrambling around on deadline day then that means you've failed regardless.

I look forward to Koeman's comments at the next press conference as he's not shy and will be interesting to see if he uses it to place pressure on above as he's used them previously to put pressure on certain players.
Dont pull your punches mate (not that I think you will anyway like). It is a friggin' disgrace what happened here over the summer.

lessons to be learned all round.

First off, a lesson to Moshiri - He needs to sort out the board and properly get a hold of this club if he is serious about his investment. Koeman is an excellent manager and Walsh is an excellent scout, but we need equally as strong appointments in the area above them that actually is responsible for pushing these deals over the line. A new CEO is a must, and Ryasnatev (the Russian) has not covered himself in glory. Equally, he is not a football man, and that's why IMO we should be pushing all out to get somebody like David Dein involved.

Secondly, a lesson to the fans and 'ITKS' - we all appreciate info and it's sad to see Evertonians falling out amongst themselves, while it's also disappointing to see the FM and FIFA obsessed snobbery-hype that goes on about transfer windows.

Thirdly, a lesson to Walsh/Koeman - they need to be pushing fully for a change. They need to make sure that IF they want targets, they are identified now and moved for as quickly as possible in January. While ultimately they are not responsible, they need to be the catalysts for change.

Fourthly, let's just enjoy that silly season is over, we've sold a player who didn't want to be here and whatever way you spin it and even though he's class, it was a brilliant deal for us. The players we have brought in DO improve us and the manager is better than what we had before, I'm baffled as to how anybody can dispute that.

We've had a great start and still have the core of a very very good squad, with the emergence of even more good young talent. There'll be ups and downs this season and people should just enjoy the ride. We're in a better position to build than we ever had been, and it's just disappointing that we haven't seemed to have taken full advantage in the last weeks of the window - for a variety of factors.

Dont pull your punches mate (not that I think you will anyway like). It is a friggin' disgrace what happened here over the summer.
Sir I credit you as an influencer of mine when it comes to negging Everton.

It sadly will be rounded and non dramatic as that's how I roll when I'm attempting to be honest about stuff.

Suspect the club over estimated how attractive we our to players and underestimated how much damage Martinez/Elstone/Kenwright have done to our reputation

You can have all the money in the world bit if a player doesn't want to come here then that's it really.

I think sissoko summed up our summer within a 2 hour time frame last night. Yeah I'll come, of course I'll sign.....oh sorry lads.

Can you imagine what has been going on behind the scenes with the other targets that wasn't played out in front of millions. Our stock has been ruined by the previous management, I'm in no doubt about that

Its possible that Moshiri hadn't intended a massive spend in this window, with Walsh only just appointed he would not have had Everton targets lined up. It was more likely that ground developments are first on the agenda.

Its possible that he left BK/RE to their own devices somewhat and if they fail, as they have done, it gives him a ready mandate to move them sideways or out the door altogether as his vision for the club moves forward.

It makes sense to use them as a scapegoat is the window didnt go well.

All assumptions obviously.
Or you could be making a bunch of rubbish excuses for a systematic failure of the club and owner to get in our targets, is that option number four on your list?

I hope Moshiri makes it clear, in no uncertain terms, by wielding the axe, that under no circumstances are our targets to be left unsigned until deadline day.
If he is the Captain of the ship then he is at fault, no if's or buts.

For me the transfer window was spoiled by the last day fiasco, it can't be allowed to happen again and I'll be very surprised if it does, unless Moshiri is just in it to make a quick buck, but I don't think he is.

The question is, who can he sack, if anyone, he's a shareholder, does this give him the power to wield the axe, I'm not sure but having that many shares means his influence is strong, very strong. If he say's jump, people should ask, 'how high'.

I'm not disappointed by the window as a whole, but the last day was amateurish at best, someone has to go. By all accounts he is a well respected business man and he will be fuming I would imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.