Who is the worst Everton player you have seen in the Premier League era?

Who is the worst Everton player you have seen in the Premier League era?

• Solomon Rondon

Votes: 74 24.0%
  • Alex Iwobi

Votes: 84 27.3%
  • Oumar Niasse

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Denis Stracqualursi

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • Marc Hottiger

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Cuco Martina

Votes: 34 11.0%
  • Tony Thomas

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • Per Kroldrup

Votes: 17 5.5%
  • Anton Alcaraz

Votes: 26 8.4%
  • Eliaquim Mangala

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Philippe Senderos

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Davy Klaassen

Votes: 11 3.6%
  • Claus Thomsen

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Mitch Ward

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • Danny Williamson

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Tobias Linderoth

• Andy Van Der Meyde

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • Aiden McGeady

• David Ginola

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Magaye Gueye

Votes: 3 1.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My abiding memory (apart from the McCallister free kick) was him charging out of his goal and cleaning out Abel Xavier, allowing a bemused Craig Bellamy to walk the ball into an empty net.

Lost 3-1, remember it very well.

We had like a spell where we played like Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham (Di Canio one) at home and he made a mistake in every game.

Terrified me, and we somehow managed to then alternate him with Simonsen and Myhre. I’d probably Say Simonsen was worse than Gerrard to be honest.

I remember going to Sunderland away on a Monday night in 2000, we lost 2-0 and Alex Rae scored a wonde goal.

To this day, don’t think there have been many better Everton goalkeeping performances in my lifetime.

When it came to reactions, Gerrard was actually good, but as soon as he had to think, he’s just fall apart.

Remember a spell in the same season where we conceded goals from outside the box every single week.
Do you remember him getting injured in the warm up at Chelsea? He fell over a sign telling the players not to be where he was, which was inside the goal. The clot.

If no one has suggested adding Royston Drenthe to the list, can I nominate him please? I never once understood what was he doing here?

Drenthe wasn't terrible, he was such a gifted footballer, it just so happens that he was a complete and utter mental case, who didn't care one bit about being a footballer. I remember the old wives tale that he was due to start the Semi Final against Liverpool, but got dropped because he was caught up to no good the night before.

Whereas Stracqualursi and Niasse could barely kick a football.

That is one sad list. To think, we had these useless fools in our team,a and a few still are.

Rondon is truly dreadful, but Martina was on another level of gashness.

Too many to choose from - should have three votes.

Torn between Alcatraz and Iwobes, went for the latter just because of the transfer fee and recency bias. The image of him scuffing a cross to the first man is still burnt to the inside of my eyelids.

Also why tf is Andy VDM on the list? Helluva player. Saw his debut against Middlesborough in the League Cup and he had 20 mins and looked ridiculous. Then he went for a one all over, got on the Chang and it all went downhill. Good lad

Status
Not open for further replies.