Who is the worst Everton player you have seen in the Premier League era?

Who is the worst Everton player you have seen in the Premier League era?

• Solomon Rondon

Votes: 74 24.0%
  • Alex Iwobi

Votes: 84 27.3%
  • Oumar Niasse

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Denis Stracqualursi

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • Marc Hottiger

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Cuco Martina

Votes: 34 11.0%
  • Tony Thomas

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • Per Kroldrup

Votes: 17 5.5%
  • Anton Alcaraz

Votes: 26 8.4%
  • Eliaquim Mangala

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Philippe Senderos

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Davy Klaassen

Votes: 11 3.6%
  • Claus Thomsen

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Mitch Ward

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • Danny Williamson

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Tobias Linderoth

• Andy Van Der Meyde

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • Aiden McGeady

• David Ginola

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Magaye Gueye

Votes: 3 1.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still maintain it's Davies.

140 appearances, and if he hadn't scored a wonder goal against City on his debut, would he even be near the team? 140 league appearances, and we don't know his position. Christ. At least we know where Iwobi is meant to "play".
Nah man, not even in the conversation.
He cost nothing and is low prem / good championship quality midfielder. We normally play 30 mill for that sort of player.

Phill neville against Wigan fa Cup

Was the worst performance I've ever seen from a professional player in the 46 years I can remember watching the game

Truelly atrocious and he laughed on the pitch

Last edited:

Sad to see the shouts for Earl Barret. Remember being totally made up when I met him when I was a kid. Then again, kids know absolutely nothing.

So many to choose from, it's scandalous. Never thought I'd see a worse player that Alex Iwoeful but somehow we've manged to trump it with Rondon. The guy looks like he's never seen a football before let alone ever played the game. How he's considered a 'professional athlete' I'll never know (although at least he didn't cost £35m in transfer fee + probably another £30m in wages and bonuses over the length of the contract, so every cloud n all that....)

Paul Gerrard was not a good keeper, but he wasn't at the level of putrid awfulness of the likes of Nyarko, Sandro Ramirez, Alcaraz, Rondon, Martina and all the others on the list.

None have cost us a game against Liverpool in the last minute though.

Why is The Straq on the list? He wasn't the best, but by no means was he the worst. He played with heart and got stuck in. Iwobi's terrified of making a tackle and Rondon looks like he couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo at the moment. At least The Straq put the ball away a few times and the fans appreciated his heart. Half the team now don't have half the chutzpah of big Dennis. I not only demand his name be stricken from this poll, but the voters against be thrown into the GOT gulag.

Good shout for the keepers. Paul Gerrard getting off Scot-free here.

I remember going to Sunderland away on a Monday night in 2000, we lost 2-0 and Alex Rae scored a wonde goal.

To this day, don’t think there have been many better Everton goalkeeping performances in my lifetime.

When it came to reactions, Gerrard was actually good, but as soon as he had to think, he’s just fall apart.

Remember a spell in the same season where we conceded goals from outside the box every single week.

I remember going to Sunderland away on a Monday night in 2000, we lost 2-0 and Alex Rae scored a wonde goal.

To this day, don’t think there have been many better Everton goalkeeping performances in my lifetime.

When it came to reactions, Gerrard was actually good, but as soon as he had to think, he’s just fall apart.

Remember a spell in the same season where we conceded goals from outside the box every single week.

My abiding memory (apart from the McCallister free kick) was him charging out of his goal and cleaning out Abel Xavier, allowing a bemused Craig Bellamy to walk the ball into an empty net.

Status
Not open for further replies.