Who IS good enough for Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be honest here, we're not a top side. We're the seventh best side in the premier league, and eighth best by last years standards. Some people on here talk as if we're Barca or Bayern Munich. There is a lot of players in the world cup who - potentially, in theory, if they blended in, bearing in mind the 11 'best' players don't always make the best team, etc - would improve our starting eleven immensely. People on here need a reality check─we're not as bad as you think we are!

Fixed that for you

We all have (well nearly all) rose-tinted spectacles when it comes to teams of yesteryear. Let's try and be honest, most of our 80s team would be lucky to stay on the pitch in modern football, such is the feigning of injury and anti-tackle brand played today.

Who is good enough, well as a fan, everyone of them that puts on a royal blue shirt and plays for us - until they don't belong to our club anymore. I'd be happy with 11 people that want to play and try their hardest, I'd be happier if we had 11 lazy toads that won us something and happier again if we played like City and won something.

Our fundamental problem is that we don't spend the money, we don't select the team, we love Everton (manager, players, DoF and Owner don't necessarily) so our expectations are fueled by something other than "a job".

In the meantime, football is about opinion and sharing those opinions over a pint or a pixel or two. I hold my opinion as Gospel, I'm sure every other poster does too. Who is good enough? Whoever delivers a winning team and a half decent brand of football.

Reading some of the stuff on here it is very hard to know. Messi and Ronaldo are knocking on a bit and what has that Neymar actually won.
Neymar is fine in no mark leagues like France.
He wouldnt last 5 minutes in the Premier League against defenders like Seamus and Shawcross
I dont like his selfish attitude - its all about him - and haircut neither.

Messi fades in and out of games and sulks when it doesnt go his way.
Ronaldo looks ace in a otherwise crap Portugal team, and his legs have gone these days.

Swerve all of them

Sign a non 1st Eleven from the top four and we dont want him cos hes a cast off, sign some one below us and they're not good enough to get us in the top four. Everton that!

If you read this forum then foreign players with good fifa 2017/18 ratings always take priority over proven PL players.

Status
Not open for further replies.