Who IS good enough for Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lozano isn't as good as Lookman.

Carvalho is too slow.

Plattenhardt is the German Naismith.

All things said on this forum. Today.

So, if regular internationals for top nations at the world cup aren't good enough, who is?

Messi, Ronaldo? Too old? Neymar? Primadonna?

This whole issue ties into our general standing as a football club. Objectively speaking I think it’s very difficult to gauge where we stand not necessarily in England, but in particular across Europe. When you look at someone like Lozano the question has to be is moving to us actually a good move for him? Are we the natural step in his development or has he surpassed us already? There’s no doubt the PL> the Dutch League, but is moving from PSV to Everton that appealing and that big of an opportunity? I suppose it’s an opportunity to put yourself out there on a bigger stage, but I think players like Lozano would back themselves to move to a club that is at least offering European football at this stage of their career and with the kind of profile he has.

Hopefully with Brands as our DOF and with Silva as manager we can get our recruitment sorted. Unfortunately though we need to be snapping up players a lot earlier in their development, as I don’t think right now we’re offering that enticing a deal to move to us from somewhere like PSV, Fiorentina, Lazio, Schalke etc. We need to be signing the Lozano’s and Milinkovic-Savic’s off the world before they get to this level.

Unfortunately though we need to be snapping up players a lot earlier in their development, as I don’t think right now we’re offering that enticing a deal to move to us from somewhere like PSV, Fiorentina, Lazio, Schalke etc. We need to be signing the Lozano’s and Milinkovic-Savic’s off the world before they get to this level.

Very good point, have had the same thought for some time. Scouting youngsters must be very tricky though because out of a group who show potential, few will reach an acceptable level, let alone prove to be a top quality player. Brands has hinted his legacy at Everton will have to be judged over a longer period and this is probably because he realises the infrastructure to scout young players will take at least a few years to put in place, and longer for it to come to fruition.

Let’s be honest, no one is good enough for Everton because most people think they’d do better if only they’d had the chance - and they’d have that Passion too!

Carvalho is too slow.

So, if regular internationals for top nations at the world cup aren't good enough, who is?

There’s a lad on here who reckons the under 7 five a side futsbal champions of upper Volta’s southwest region should all be signed and eased into the first team over the next 15 seasons.

So many opinions, so little reason or rationale, ‘tis the nature & consequence of the interweb.

Let things run their natural cause because I’ve some earth shattering news for everybody .......

There’s nothing we are going to say or do which is going to influence our transfer strategy.

Up Everton!
Do you mean the days / weeks / months that lads spend watch the third tier of some 4th rate jarg league to spot the next big thing are all in vain

This whole issue ties into our general standing as a football club. Objectively speaking I think it’s very difficult to gauge where we stand not necessarily in England, but in particular across Europe. When you look at someone like Lozano the question has to be is moving to us actually a good move for him? Are we the natural step in his development or has he surpassed us already? There’s no doubt the PL> the Dutch League, but is moving from PSV to Everton that appealing and that big of an opportunity? I suppose it’s an opportunity to put yourself out there on a bigger stage, but I think players like Lozano would back themselves to move to a club that is at least offering European football at this stage of their career and with the kind of profile he has.

Hopefully with Brands as our DOF and with Silva as manager we can get our recruitment sorted. Unfortunately though we need to be snapping up players a lot earlier in their development, as I don’t think right now we’re offering that enticing a deal to move to us from somewhere like PSV, Fiorentina, Lazio, Schalke etc. We need to be signing the Lozano’s and Milinkovic-Savic’s off the world before they get to this level.
While I agree with a lot of your post we need players for the first 11 now.
Bigger wages than most of the clubs you mention plus a platform to play on that is widely screened around d the world is what we can offer

Carvalho is too slow.

Nobody knows, you have to buy them first, no try before you buy...that's what loans are for

But we'll know when we see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.