Who IS good enough for Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody is good enough for us in the minds of some. That's why some of our fans not only embrace crap players like Niasse because he runs around a lot, but practically hero worship them. Why would they long for good players? Nah far better to say everyone is crap (other then those who actually are) and rubbish anyone half decent that we do get.

Christ we gave martinez £10mill for trying to relegate us and continued to throw away money at the next 2 appointments in compo as well...Silva must be rubbing his hands in anticipation

I recall an interview with Capt Jags but it was a while ago and all that I really recall is thinking that he came across as a little odd. When big Rom came on loan to us he said to Capt Jags that there wasn’t a big gap in quality between Chelsea and Everton ...and that Capt Jags just laughed at him

Lukaku wasn’t good enough for many on here, nor Et’oo Barkley held us back, Davies Gone backwards, Stones was a pony, Rooney past it. Opinions eh?

Yet Andrew was boss, Super Kev never missed, Sharp was unplayable, Reid never lost a tackle, Southall caught everything & Sheedy slotted with both eyes shut (may well do but that’s another matter).

Thing is we have massively underachieved for decades and it hurts, doesn’t make every player of yesteryear all time greats compared to recent first team players. We are a tough fan base to please as we want them who wear our shirt to care like we do. It may be hard to accept but most don’t.

Forget the hero worship stuff, it’s more about can the team...no, squad perform well enough as a collective to live up to the standards we expect. Players in the main are immune to how fickle fans are about them, another contract will follow from somewhere else. We could sign Neymar and many would find fault, opinions probably matter more to the individual...doesn’t mean they are right though!

Don’t forget Zat, he was playing relatively well for us when he got injured, and was arguably better than Messi tonight.

Now of course I’m not saying he’s better than Messi, but there’s a player there and we’d be foolish to sell in my view.

I actually saw someone say siggy is better than messi

However, I'm sure that Groucho is capable of looking after himself.

People are so quick to write international footballers off after one poor display. I guess Mbappe isn't good enough, he was awful a couple days ago....

...fans will have their wish lists but I rarely comment on individuals because it’s all about who Silva and Brands wants to fit a playing strategy.

The problem with buying individuals rather than players who compliment each other is exactly why we’ve got such an unbalanced and inefficient squad.

Let's be honest here, we're not a top side. We're the seventh best side in the premier league, and eighth best by last years standards. Some people on here talk as if we're Barca or Bayern Munich. There is a lot of players in the world cup who would improve our starting eleven immensely. People on here need a reality check─we're not as good as you think we are!

Status
Not open for further replies.