which striker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghost is correct - Owen suffers from a condition which will always make very prone to strains and serious injuries from the achilles to the lower back. He will likely always miss at least as many games as he plays over the next few years, as aging will actually exacerbate the tightness.

Owen Rules - FACT

HE may have been injured, but thats over now, hes back to scoring, and has already scored more than our strikers. Can oyu honestly say that you rate yakubu over owen, or johnson over owen?

owen
martins
ameobi
smith

smith often in midfield.

so, saint owen isnt in the same rotation system our strikers are. whos scored more this season? in total all competitions? toon or us?

owen
martins
ameobi
smith

smith often in midfield.

so, saint owen isnt in the same rotation system our strikers are. whos scored more this season? in total all competitions? toon or us?

saint owen? - no need to mock. :(

And how is it different rotation. Owen is one of 3 strikers which can play. Johnson/yakubu is one of 3 strikers that can play. And owen was injured the first couple of matches.

Last edited:
im not mocking you, saint owen taught G-laaa to dive, its all well and good at international level (or so the attitude seems).

saint owen, i dislike that lad, a lot of hype for very little product, done nothing at toon, nothing for england since germany away, and did [Poor language removed] all at real.

something has unsettled him, he was god 'over there' and something changed, it could have been the emergence of another big fish at club and international level. lets be honest, saint JC plays second fiddle to 'top mucka' G-laaa by default.

johnson for us has carried injury since new year, and played this season after surgery last term.

not specific to you, but im glad i was proved right on this point, i dont recall anyone else voicing their concern on this matter, or even suspicion.

yak was not and still isnt 100% fit.

so whos left, 19 year old vic and 19 year old injured vaughan?

ah wait, the braveheart himself, jimmy mac - club goals + scotland goals must have him level or above saint owen... surely?

anelka before owen. for me anyway.

Take Benni McCarthy - media previously reported that he has a 5m buy-out clause in the summer.
2nd top goalscorer last year and 2 goals off the pace this year....even though he's missed a few games.
Won't be a better bargain in the summer.

theres a reason they brought santa cruz in on top of roberts on top of (youth) derbyshire, rigters, gallagher.

lets call it like it is, benny M C - stated at porto when in talks with us that he saw a move to the prem as a step to ''a big club like man ure or chelsea''

sounds like someone else.

thing is though, we don't need another striker. We already have 5, even if we get rid of some we still have enough. What we need is a creative midfielder, and maybe another central defender.

thing is though, we don't need another striker. We already have 5, even if we get rid of some we still have enough. What we need is a creative midfielder, and maybe another central defender.

Bang on there mate the selection of strikers we have available are probably as a bunch the best i can remember we have never had 5 top strikers available of this quality before.
Just on owen i would,nt even take him on loan never fit he is a great striker but his injuries are all too common

3 goals in 8 starts for Yakubu thus far. Not bad for a striker that hasn't hit top form. Even if he keeps that up it's a comfortable 15 goals a season. When you consider that for most of his time here we've had a rubbish midfield, his main strike partner hasn't been fit and he's been in and out of the side it is probably reasonable to assume that he could easily become a goal every other game man for us.

As for Owen, two things go against him ever coming to us. Firstly he's paid an arm and a leg so wouldn't represent value for us. Secondly he relies on chances being created for him. At the moment all of our strikers have the ability to fashion something out of nothing, which given our reasonably weak midfield is very important. If he still had the pace of old then sure but at the moment he'd be wasted in our team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.