which striker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD, this is basically a duplicate of the thread titled News of the World. Would it make sense to combine them?

It might help if people especially newbies looked at other threads and read them before jumping in!

If the sale of AJ, Yak, Anichebe, Vaughan, or Faddy led DIRECTLY to the purchase of a player like Fabregas, Rosicky, Cole, or other Arteta type of midfielder, then I'd probably be ok with it.

But if it's a sale just to realize a profit, then no thanks.

We'll need all of the able bodied players we can get.

By the date and time of the threads. Could help if people read what was on the forum first and rather than a new thread make a post.:p

so apparently west ham are stepping up their bid for AJ by throwing in rio's lil bro, i hope davie moyes laughs at this offer as hard as i do. still, could selling one of our strikers, maybe even johnson be a good deal? remember last season, when people saw AJ's good form, they considered him and BT a striking partnership made in heaven, based on Bt's awesome performance 2 seasons ago. my point is that amazing strikers can dip in form. plus, we went from a striking shortage preseason to what seems to be too many strikers. The wonderkids Vaughan and Anichebe both logged several man of the match appearances, and as Anichebe showed off his speed against larissa, and vaughan is nearing a return, they will both definitely be striking options. Faddy has been downright heroic for scotland, and while his league play hasn't been exquisite, he did manage a salvaging goal against blackburn, and had narrowly saved strikes against manchester and reading that showed me he has some class in him if he can simply work on consistency. then there's our 15 million pound spend on yakubu, who for a person signed as a target man has fulfilled that role very little, but nonetheless, we did spend 15 pounds on him. also, lets not forget cahill, who scores so many goals he might as well be a striker. cahill's presence has meant the blues can play effectively with a single striker, meaning all of our strikers will be competing for 1 slot, obviously we need depth for our european competition but that many strikers competing for 1 position just won't work. so who should we let go? while johnson has been far from productive, i believe his presence is good enough to trouble defences and create open space. I've gotta look at this the arsenal way and say to keep our youngsters as well, both of them have shown immense talent for their age and will undoubtedly develop into headlining internationals and club heroes. despite his inconsistency, i think mcfadden is worth keeping for substitue appearances to revitalize us in the late stages of the games where we seem to be struggling. so that just leaves yak. we just bought him i know, but i think it may be time to cut our losses. we can probably get atleast 12 million for him, southgate got us to shell out 15 mil and he's obviously not the most shrewd businessman in the game. we'd be admitting that buying him wasn't the best long term move, but it's better than holding on to dead weight. i saw his goal today, but it wasn't anything amazing, it was more a goal where i would be mad if he hadn't scored, rather than one where i'm excited that he did score. also, no top teams are going to open up like that for a clear run, and any of our strikers would have scored there had they been in so i don't think its worth keeping him. so if west ham keep up their bid for AJ, maybe we should just throw Yak there way instead... and i'll be damned if anton ever puts on an everton shirt.

Ever considered para breaks??!! Pheeweee!!!!

mcfadden to rangers, with an extra 500k on the fee to make up for the michael ball money.

the scottish footballing renaissance can continue for him in a slightly lesser league, our £1.75mill (?) outlay turns a nice profit (though there might be a sell on clause)

AJ, vaughan, yak, vic, cahill - thats 5, thats plenty, even when the african nations is on we'll still be fine as lukas, spencer, agard, baxter are all on their way up.

all funds available have to be spent on a world class midfielder, someone to come in and take over from carsley, although he is on loan at the [Poor language removed], mascherano is a fine player.

sorry for the duplicate post that apparently breaches etiquette, i never expected a post on this subject to be in the news of the world topic, so i didn't know it was a duplicate.

as for the wordiness, that's my bad but i never recieved any complaints on it at the old TW so i thought that would be okay, but i might have gone over the top a bit since i haven't expressed an everton opinion in so long.

anyways, if this topic is a dupe a mod can delete it or lock it, sorry about that.

Hey,

Welcome to GoT. Now one thing you have to do is forget all you learned over on the previous forum. We are run by true blues, and not an ass hole in sight. Well only when I pipe up about stuff and I end up disagreeing with the whole world.

The only reason I brought up the wordy incident is because I'm a web designer by trade, and accessibilty and usability is a major element of getting a message across. If its not readable then things get lost. It was just a friendly bit of advice.

Welcome. :)

Not a chance we did sell AJ, but we will happy to buy Anton off you guys though, consider we will lose 1 defender, 1 Midfielder and 1 Striker for a months during the Afican nation cup!

Also consider there might be some short or long-term injure before or during that period, we simply can't afford to lose AJ, we should be keeping our player and get a player or 2 during January, if we are to do well in all competition we are in!

Sell mcfadden, johnson and yakubu...buy owen! i know most of you hate him - but hes class :p

Having Owen is not a back things, but we did have to play 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 more often to make him useful, and selling 3 striker to get him is not a good idea, Owen is useless on his own upfront, we would need them to partner owen to make it worth while!

Last edited:
Having Owen is not a back things, but we did have to play 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 more often to make him useful, and selling 3 striker to get him is not a good idea, Owen is useless on his own upfront, we would need them to partner owen to make it worth while!

Im not saying sell them just for one striker - sell them, spend 15 or so million on owen, and save the rest for a class midfielder. And i think vaughan and anichebe are more than capable of leading the everton attack without johnson or yakubu.

Sell mcfadden, johnson and yakubu...buy owen! i know most of you hate him - but hes class :p

You are joking -right? Spend all that on a striker who spends 60% of his year on the treatment table? We already have one of those and he didn't cost us anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.