which striker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are joking -right? Spend all that on a striker who spends 60% of his year on the treatment table? We already have one of those and he didn't cost us anything.

Im not saying sell them just for one striker - sell them, spend 15 or so million on owen, and save the rest for a class midfielder. And i think vaughan and anichebe are more than capable of leading the everton attack without johnson or yakubu.

and hes been injured for a year to 2 years, none before that, hes over his bad injury, back on form.

if the lad stays fit for a full season and maybe grows a couple inches, then and only then will i want michael owen.

so some of you seem okay with selling yak, i'm with you on that, the goal against derby didn't convince me. if we cut our losses, how much can we get for him and who would want to buy him?

also after Faddy's wonderstrike against france, he fired his old agent, is this a sign of him wanting to move on or just a threat to get some first team action at everton, should we be worried or say good riddance?

and ghost of dixie don't worry mate, you didnt hurt my feelings or nothin, as you can see i appreciate the advice.

Im not saying sell them just for one striker - sell them, spend 15 or so million on owen, and save the rest for a class midfielder. And i think vaughan and anichebe are more than capable of leading the everton attack without johnson or yakubu.

I don't think Owen is worth 15 Million, beside Big Sam would not sell him of course unless it is some offer like 15+ Million but the biggest problem he is on the wrong side on the 20s!

Having the money does not always get you a class midfielder, first things is the player actually want to come to us and 2nd of course is the club is willing to sell, believe it or not I still think we could get Fernandes in the next window or in the summer, if the player is not getting any game, he certainly shown he has what it takes to play for us, and with him we might have won more games while we was without Cahill!

Nothing wrong with AJ or Yakubu, they are goal machine if we are feeding them with good ball, it's simple as that our midfield and wing back is creating enough good chance for the striker to take, it's actually more of midfield problem that our striker is not scoring enough!

We actually just about having enough good defender and good striker, probably one more for each department we should do better but we need to get some more class midfielder in!

Michael Owen suffers from a condition. He has one hamstring longer than the other, or its a muscle in his leg that is longer than the other. What it means is that he doesn't run straight on, he kind have runs off centre (if that makes sense). This puts strain on this legs and causes him to be injury prone.

This happened quite a bit when he was younger, I would have thought as he got older it would have righted itself, but obviously not.

Owen would be a waste of dosh and add to the transfer fee the wages he would want! Forget him. As for the Nations Cup has Nigeria selected our players yet?

What alan Irvine Has to say about johnson...

"I was very surprised with reports about Andy in the papers," assistant manager Alan Irvine told evertonfc.com.

"We have no intention of selling Andy Johnson, he is a really important player for us. It is not even something we would consider."

Johnson is currently recovering from ankle surgery and Irvine is reporting good progress on that front.

"Andy Johnson is doing more and more ball work now and hopefully by this time next week he will be training with us," added Irvine.

"Once he is training with us then he will be available for selection."

You are joking -right? Spend all that on a striker who spends 60% of his year on the treatment table? We already have one of those and he didn't cost us anything.

So if we didnt have Vaughn you would buy him?!?! :p

Really, I just remember him never playing and just figured it was because he was injured.

IIRC he had the highest goals/minutes played in La Liga that season, and still scored more than any of our strikers have recently!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.