Which managerial sacking was the biggest mistake?

Who should we have kept on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think whilst Silva deserved the sack, he showed the most promise in terms of footballing style and felt he was a little unfortunate. If memory serves Moshiri even went to the training ground the day of the sacking to talk with the team was a little unusual

I have not seen the squad perform at the required energy level under any of the managers in the poll and they will not perform to the required level for our next manager.

Look at all our defeat, we were outran, outfought and lack of desire.
Indeed, they take blame. But they're part of a broader institution.

The club has problems, top to bottom.

Roberto for me. Despite us not doing well, we had two cup semi's and played some decent stuff at times. His first season was some of the best football I have seen in my adult life from Everton (I'm 50) I agree about Silva, maybe the job was just a bit too soon for him? Also have to say Big Sam got to us 8th (playing some of the worst football) but he got up to 8th. Can only dream of 8th no, be lucky to be 8th from bottom.

Tons of rose tinted glass opinions in that poll. Silva absolutely deserved to be sacked. Koeman absolutely deserved to be sacked. Same with Martinez and FSW. And even tho FatSam kept us safe he had a chance to show what he could do with a safe team with 4 matches left and didn't change a single thing.

I started a sack silva thread after that awful defeat away to millwall in the cup. He delivered some crap to be fair but looking at that list, he was the best of an awful bunch.

It begs the question, should we appoint a manager and just let him get on with the job. We’ve had 3 DOF who’ve all frankly been atrocious and have wasted 100s of millions of pounds in the process. Sacking them for their ineptness has also probably cost us millions. We got an owner in moshiri who had the financial clout but didn’t appoint people with football acumen which we desperately needed. Just look at the contrast with Newcastle. Have the money, but appointed exceptionally off the pitch and are now reaping the rewards.

Koeman results that got him the sack:

Everton 1-0 Stoke
Man. City 1-1 Everton
Chelsea 2-0 Everton
Everton 0-3 Spurs
Man. United 4-0 Everton
Everton 2-1 Bournemouth
Everton 0-1 Burnley
Brighton 1-1 Everton
Everton 2-5 Arsenal

Got just 9 league games that season and club was also in europa. O.k some poor defeats there but aside from Burnley all it shows is club would've been miles off top 6 which shouldn't have been a shock given Lukaku hadn't been replaced at all.

Carlo had a similar run after lockdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.