Which manager do you prefer?

Which manager do you prefer

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Incredible thread. Some of you must have very short memories. End of Martinez was DIRE. Allow me to remind you of a couple games.

upload_2018-1-1_23-12-46.png

upload_2018-1-1_22-55-22.png

upload_2018-1-1_23-8-26.png

upload_2018-1-1_23-3-12.png

upload_2018-1-1_23-2-37.png

Neither are the best at anything. Martinez tried too hard to attack while utterly failing to defend while Allardyce is pretty much the opposite. I don't think anyone wanted Allardyce but you have to remember we were too damn close to the drop zone and we needed to be stablised. He's not going to give us any silverware, but he's eliminated fears of relegation (for now). If we had Martinez now, we'd be shoulder to shoulder with Swansea looking up cheap hotels in London for Brentford away instead of Arsenal, Chelsea, etc.

I just feel miserable watching this

No-one really cares what you think mate, but well in for basically starting a carefully concealed anti-Allardyce thread :)

Nothing wrong with being anti-Allardyce by the way, but it can easily be perceived as being a "look at me, aren't I important" kind of thing, and you're plainly a much nicer person than @Adversus, who used to post here but eventually just got on everyones man-mammaries, so it'd be a shame if you got lumped in with that sort of person.

I can't accept the lack of intent in the last 4 games. It's disgraceful and shouldn't be acceptable.

See above.

edit : ... and you've given dave the opportunity to bore the pants off everyone with his faux Martinez love-in act !!

Last edited:
Martinez was a crackin manager for the opposition. Couldn't set a team up defensively if he tried. As for the others koeman etc not much improvement. Moshers needs to practice his smooth talking if we're ever going to get a top notch boss. Results on pitch will only attract the likes of Pulis etc

We've had one season since the 80s that's been a success: that ended with a cup win.

We've had one season since the 80s when we've looked a top class side capable of playing other teams off the pitch: 2013/14.

The rest of it has been a wasteland of hoof and semi-hoof. A pitiful return from all concerned.

No-one really cares what you think mate, but well in for basically starting a carefully concealed anti-Allardyce thread :)

Nothing wrong with being anti-Allardyce by the way, but it can easily be perceived as being a "look at me, aren't I important" kind of thing, and you're plainly a much nicer person than @Adversus, who used to post here but eventually just got on everyones man-mammaries, so it'd be a shame if you got lumped in with that sort of person.

See above.

edit : ... and you've given dave the opportunity to bore the pants off everyone with his faux Martinez love-in act !!

Oh I'm anti Allardyce, don't think that's any secret.

Football is a passionate game and it brings out the best and the worst in us. I didn't feel we needed him at the time, I still don't feel we need him or that he deserves to be our manager. Others with more knowledge on the game than me are adamant he was 100% necessary. I don't agree but that's fair enough.

I just hope to goodness there are no plans to let him manage us next season, and more importantly plans to get us back to being a football team again, and one who actually looks to win. If the club want a stats geek for some advice then they are free to give me a bell lol

We've had one season since the 80s that's been a success: that ended with a cup win.

We've had one season since the 80s when we've looked a top class side capable of playing other teams off the pitch: 2013/14.

The rest of it has been a wasteland of hoof and semi-hoof. A pitiful return from all concerned.

This post is so depressingly true.

I reckon Koeman would have turned it around you know look at how well he did in his first season he deserved the chance to turn it around !!!!

He didn't do all that well in his first season.

In fact it was pretty meh.

The autumn slump was followed by the late season mini collapse.

And we went out of both Cups at the first hurdle.

We moved a few places up the table but big whoop.....we were no better than we ought to have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.